West Wendover Police Department
WEST WENDOVER, Nev. — A teenager who went missing from West Wendover Friday is home and safe. Police say Laura Ortiz, 17, returned home after seeing media coverage of her missing persons case.
“Laura is cooperating with law enforcement as the investigation into the matter continues,” the West Wendover Police Department said in a prepared statement.
The girl's family reported her missing Saturday, saying she had been talking of leaving town with a man she knew from Facebook. They said she called them from Reno over the weekend and told them she was safe.
Police have not released the name of the man whom Ortiz was allegedly with, nor have they indicated whether he may face any criminal charges.
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- Kaysville girl's death impacts community
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Legend of Vernal bank built by bricks sent...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 30
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18