DSC basketball: Catherria Turner named Dixie State women's basketball coach
"I am here to win championships, make a positive empowering difference in young people's lives as they transition to adulthood. We have a very bright future here at DSU and I expect to hit the ground running."
Turner continued about her style of coaching.
"I orchestrate an exciting style of basketball both offensively and defensively and it will be fun to play and watch. I am a young energetic coach with years of experience," she said. "I am from a basketball coaching family, my father, my uncles, as well as my cousins’ coach. My expectations are high in the classroom, the community and the court. I am blessed to be the newest member of the DSU family. I have prayed, primed and prepared for this perfect storm to come together. We will all strive for excellence in the representation of God, family, academics and athletics. Go Storm and God bless."
Last season, Dixie State finished with a 15-13 overall record and 12-6 in PacWest record. The Red Storm earned a 4th seed in the inaugural PacWest Tournament and were eliminated in the semifinals.
Dixie State Athletics, located in St. George, Utah, sponsors 13 sports played at the NCAA Division II level – baseball, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, men’s cross-country, women’s cross-country, football, men’s golf, women’s golf, men’s soccer, women’s soccer, softball, women’s tennis and women’s volleyball. Dixie State competes in the Pacific West Conference for all sports except football, a member of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference.
Jeff Cluff is the Coordinator of Media Relations at Dixie State College Athletics. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33