DSC basketball: Catherria Turner named Dixie State women's basketball coach
"I am here to win championships, make a positive empowering difference in young people's lives as they transition to adulthood. We have a very bright future here at DSU and I expect to hit the ground running."
Turner continued about her style of coaching.
"I orchestrate an exciting style of basketball both offensively and defensively and it will be fun to play and watch. I am a young energetic coach with years of experience," she said. "I am from a basketball coaching family, my father, my uncles, as well as my cousins’ coach. My expectations are high in the classroom, the community and the court. I am blessed to be the newest member of the DSU family. I have prayed, primed and prepared for this perfect storm to come together. We will all strive for excellence in the representation of God, family, academics and athletics. Go Storm and God bless."
Last season, Dixie State finished with a 15-13 overall record and 12-6 in PacWest record. The Red Storm earned a 4th seed in the inaugural PacWest Tournament and were eliminated in the semifinals.
Dixie State Athletics, located in St. George, Utah, sponsors 13 sports played at the NCAA Division II level – baseball, men’s basketball, women’s basketball, men’s cross-country, women’s cross-country, football, men’s golf, women’s golf, men’s soccer, women’s soccer, softball, women’s tennis and women’s volleyball. Dixie State competes in the Pacific West Conference for all sports except football, a member of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference.
Jeff Cluff is the Coordinator of Media Relations at Dixie State College Athletics. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 21