Ute football notebook: Despite cold, rainy weather, Utah's spring finale considered a success
“So far, I haven’t really embarrassed myself,” he said. “I think once I get to a point where I can’t function I think its time to call it a day.”
Mitchell, 45, noted that it hasn’t been bad to this point, so he’s had fun.
GONE GOLFING: On Friday, a group of 125 (mostly former players) braved 40-degree temperatures for a golf outing at Eaglewood Golf Course.
“It was excellent. It’s always good to have our guys back,” said Manny Hendrix, Utah’s director of athletic relations. “That’s really what it’s all about. Even though the weather conditions weren’t great, it just showed the camaraderie and how much guys want to be around each other and just have fun.”
SIZABLE DIFFERENCE: Bergstrom and Johnson took note of Utah’s increased size.
“Those offensive linemen are getting big,” said Bergstrom, who is 6 foot 5 and 310 pounds. “ ... They’re Pittsburgh Steelers big. There’s just some big boys out there, goodness.”
“These are bigger bodies out here,” he said. “They’re Pac-12.”
EXTRA POINTS: Utah basketball recruit Darryl Reynolds, a 6-foot-8, 210-pound power forward from Worcester (Mass.) Academy was in attendance. ... The Red and White game was broadcast live on the Pac-12 Networks. ... When the spring outing got started, the temperature was 44 degrees.
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- BYU basketball report card: Cougars give...
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher out BCS...
- Report: German president boycotting Sochi...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 89
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 62
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 43
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 42
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 31
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27