NAPERVILLE, Ill. — Utah Valley University's Jordyn Dougal and Chicago State's Jessica Peatross have been named Great West Conference Women's Golfers of the Week after each recorded top 10 finishes last week. The honors were announced Friday by the conference office.
Dougal recorded her third top 10 finish of the season while shooting a three-round total of 228, including rounds of 72 and 73 in the second and third rounds, respectively, at the Wyoming Cowgirl Classic. The senior from San Antonio, Texas, entered the final day tied for 16th and moved up the leaderboard with the 1-over par. Starting on No. 10, Dougal was 1-under par when making the turn and recorded two bogeys on the back nine.
Sharing the honor is Peatross, who tied for third at the Bowling Green State Delores Black Falcon Invitational after firing a two-round total of 154, including a final-round 74 in warmer weather and calmer winds than the first round. The 74 was a career-best for the junior from Lansing, Mich., as she paced the Cougars to a tie for fifth place among the 16-team field.
The Great West Conference Women's Golf Championship will be held April 24-26 at The Dominion Country Club in San Antonio, Texas.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 53
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37