NAPERVILLE, Ill. — Utah Valley University's Jordyn Dougal and Chicago State's Jessica Peatross have been named Great West Conference Women's Golfers of the Week after each recorded top 10 finishes last week. The honors were announced Friday by the conference office.
Dougal recorded her third top 10 finish of the season while shooting a three-round total of 228, including rounds of 72 and 73 in the second and third rounds, respectively, at the Wyoming Cowgirl Classic. The senior from San Antonio, Texas, entered the final day tied for 16th and moved up the leaderboard with the 1-over par. Starting on No. 10, Dougal was 1-under par when making the turn and recorded two bogeys on the back nine.
Sharing the honor is Peatross, who tied for third at the Bowling Green State Delores Black Falcon Invitational after firing a two-round total of 154, including a final-round 74 in warmer weather and calmer winds than the first round. The 74 was a career-best for the junior from Lansing, Mich., as she paced the Cougars to a tie for fifth place among the 16-team field.
The Great West Conference Women's Golf Championship will be held April 24-26 at The Dominion Country Club in San Antonio, Texas.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 23
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21