VERNAL — A Roosevelt man is facing a felony charge in connection with a 2012 crash that killed a Fort Duchesne woman.
Ryan Scott Larsen, 32, was charged Tuesday in 8th District Court with automobile homicide, a third-degree felony.
Larsen was driving under the influence of alcohol on Feb. 10, 2012, when he crashed his vehicle on Seep Ridge Road about 49 miles south of Fort Duchesne, according to investigators.
The crash killed Kimberly Ann McKewan, 42, and injured another woman.
Larsen was not at the scene when emergency personnel arrived but was found later at his parents' home, police say.
A check of state court records shows Larsen has three prior misdemeanor convictions for DUI — two in 2011 and one in 2004. He was on probation for both 2011 convictions when McKewan was killed, and had been released from jail five days before the crash after serving a 10-day jail term, court records show.
Larsen's first court appearance on the new felony charge is set for May 20.
— Geoff Liesik
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8