VERNAL — A Roosevelt man is facing a felony charge in connection with a 2012 crash that killed a Fort Duchesne woman.
Ryan Scott Larsen, 32, was charged Tuesday in 8th District Court with automobile homicide, a third-degree felony.
Larsen was driving under the influence of alcohol on Feb. 10, 2012, when he crashed his vehicle on Seep Ridge Road about 49 miles south of Fort Duchesne, according to investigators.
The crash killed Kimberly Ann McKewan, 42, and injured another woman.
Larsen was not at the scene when emergency personnel arrived but was found later at his parents' home, police say.
A check of state court records shows Larsen has three prior misdemeanor convictions for DUI — two in 2011 and one in 2004. He was on probation for both 2011 convictions when McKewan was killed, and had been released from jail five days before the crash after serving a 10-day jail term, court records show.
Larsen's first court appearance on the new felony charge is set for May 20.
— Geoff Liesik
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- See all the photos from the big Pioneer Day...
- Salt Lake man shoots 8-year-old boy, then...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 84
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17