VERNAL — A Roosevelt man is facing a felony charge in connection with a 2012 crash that killed a Fort Duchesne woman.
Ryan Scott Larsen, 32, was charged Tuesday in 8th District Court with automobile homicide, a third-degree felony.
Larsen was driving under the influence of alcohol on Feb. 10, 2012, when he crashed his vehicle on Seep Ridge Road about 49 miles south of Fort Duchesne, according to investigators.
The crash killed Kimberly Ann McKewan, 42, and injured another woman.
Larsen was not at the scene when emergency personnel arrived but was found later at his parents' home, police say.
A check of state court records shows Larsen has three prior misdemeanor convictions for DUI — two in 2011 and one in 2004. He was on probation for both 2011 convictions when McKewan was killed, and had been released from jail five days before the crash after serving a 10-day jail term, court records show.
Larsen's first court appearance on the new felony charge is set for May 20.
— Geoff Liesik
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12