VERNAL — A Roosevelt man is facing a felony charge in connection with a 2012 crash that killed a Fort Duchesne woman.
Ryan Scott Larsen, 32, was charged Tuesday in 8th District Court with automobile homicide, a third-degree felony.
Larsen was driving under the influence of alcohol on Feb. 10, 2012, when he crashed his vehicle on Seep Ridge Road about 49 miles south of Fort Duchesne, according to investigators.
The crash killed Kimberly Ann McKewan, 42, and injured another woman.
Larsen was not at the scene when emergency personnel arrived but was found later at his parents' home, police say.
A check of state court records shows Larsen has three prior misdemeanor convictions for DUI — two in 2011 and one in 2004. He was on probation for both 2011 convictions when McKewan was killed, and had been released from jail five days before the crash after serving a 10-day jail term, court records show.
Larsen's first court appearance on the new felony charge is set for May 20.
— Geoff Liesik
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- LDS Church names Elder Clayton new senior...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 43
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 39
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 20
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may... 17
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16