VERNAL — A Roosevelt man is facing a felony charge in connection with a 2012 crash that killed a Fort Duchesne woman.
Ryan Scott Larsen, 32, was charged Tuesday in 8th District Court with automobile homicide, a third-degree felony.
Larsen was driving under the influence of alcohol on Feb. 10, 2012, when he crashed his vehicle on Seep Ridge Road about 49 miles south of Fort Duchesne, according to investigators.
The crash killed Kimberly Ann McKewan, 42, and injured another woman.
Larsen was not at the scene when emergency personnel arrived but was found later at his parents' home, police say.
A check of state court records shows Larsen has three prior misdemeanor convictions for DUI — two in 2011 and one in 2004. He was on probation for both 2011 convictions when McKewan was killed, and had been released from jail five days before the crash after serving a 10-day jail term, court records show.
Larsen's first court appearance on the new felony charge is set for May 20.
— Geoff Liesik
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 35
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17