McGlaston is a 6-foot-4, 180-pound guard from Dublin, Calif., where he was a four-year letterwinner at Dublin High School. In leading the Gaels in scoring at 22.0 points per game as a prep senior, McGlaston also led Dublin to a 27-7 overall record and its first Diablo Foothill Athletic League title since 1973, as the Gaels lost in the NorCal Division II Championship game. He also averaged 7.8 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 2.1 steals per game, while shooting 58 percent from the field, including 38 percent from three-point range.
"JoJo is a tremendous athlete who can score in a variety of ways. He has the talent to become a very good Mountain West Conference performer on both ends of the court. We are excited about adding a wing player with JoJo's potential," Morrill said.
McGlaston was the DFAL Player of the Year and a first-team all-league selection as a senior, as well as earning first-team all-Bay Area and first-team all-East Bay honors, in addition to second-team all-California Division II accolades. He was also named to the San Francisco Chronicle's all-Metro second-team list as well as to the Contra Costa Times' all-East Bay Team.
This season, McGlaston netted a season-high 40 points in one of Dublin's victories, adding a NorCal Division II record 35 points while also pulling down 14 rebounds in Dublin's loss in the D-II finals.
USU officially joins the Mountain West Conference on July 1, 2013.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33