Noma'aea is a 6-foot-1, 180-pound combination guard from Las Vegas, Nev., where he was a two-year starter at Sierra Vista Mountain High School. He is joining USU after serving his LDS mission in Paris, France. At Sierra Vista, Noma'aea was a two-time first-team all-Nevada State Class 4A honoree, as well as earning first-team all-region and all-Sunset-Southwest League honors. As a senior, he averaged 17.7 points, 5.3 assists and 5.9 rebounds per game, helping the Mountain Lions to the state semifinal appearance.
"Viko has all the guard skills to be successful at the Division I level," Morrill said. "He shoots, penetrates and passes the ball very well. He is also confident in his abilities, which is an important quality for a young player. We are delighted to have Viko join our program."
Noma'aea netted 20-plus points in 13 games his senior season, including two over 30, highlighted by a season-high 35. He also recorded 17 games with five or more assists, including two with double-figure helpers, paced by a season-high 11. Noma'aea also had two games with double-digit rebounds, highlighted by a season-high 11 boards. In his junior season, Noma'aea tallied 27 points, seven assists and eight rebounds per game.
USU officially joins the Mountain West Conference on July 1, 2013.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33