Ravell Call, Deseret News
CENTERVILLE — Three Davis County students from have bested more than 625 teams nationally and are now competing to win the 2013 Team America Rocketry Challenge. TARC is the world’s largest student rocket contest that aims to inspire students to pursue education and careers in science, technology, engineering and math
Quin Stewart,Hunter Davis and Mac Johnson will compete in Plains, Va., on May 11 with the goal of propelling their rocket, carrying a raw egg, to 750 feet and returning the unbroken egg to the ground in 48 to 50 seconds. Quin and Hunter are Viewmont High School students. Mac is from Centerville Junior High.
They’ll be competing for the national title, $60,000 worth of scholarships and prizes and a chance to participate in NASA’s Student Launch Initiative.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 26