Laura Seitz, Deseret News
KEARNS — Students took to their bicycles to help fight cancer on Friday.
Entheos Academy, a charter school in Kearns, held its seventh annual Pedals for Hope fundraiser on the Jordan River Parkway Trail at 5300 South.
The eighth-grade students collect pledges for how many miles they ride as well as writing to local businesses for donations. Companies who participated in donating $100 or more get their logo on the back of the T-shirts, designed by the students, which they wear during the bike ride. All of the money raised goes to Huntsman Cancer Institute for cancer research.
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21
- 90% of parents think their children are... 19
- Arizona educator chosen next... 6
- The job market for US college grads is... 5
- Math scores slip, reading flat for... 3
- USU expands land grant mission under... 3
- Women called heroes for reviving high... 3