The teen was booked into Salt Lake Valley Detention Center on April 8 in connection with the March 2012 armed robbery of Diamond Custom Jewelers, 6065 S. Highland Drive.
Police did not identify the juvenile. At the time of the robbery, he was described as a man of unknown ethnicity, 5 feet 4 inches tall and 130 pounds. He was also wearing a ski mask.
Police are still searching for a second suspect, described as an African-American man about 6 feet 2 inches tall and 180 pounds. The man was wearing a black ski mask and brown sweat pants at the time of the robbery.
Two men brandishing handguns entered the jewelery store just before 5 p.m. on March 13, 2012, and demanded that everyone get down on the floor, police said. An 80-year-old woman injured her hip and an 86-year-old woman sustained lacerations to her face and hands as they attempted to get on the ground.
The two men smashed open several glass cases and took jewelry, then fled north on Highland Drive in a black sedan with duct tape on the windows. The vehicle was later found at 5965 S. Stratler St., Murray. A woman at the residence, Marie Heroff, 38, was suspected to have been in possession of the car during the robbery.
Heroff was booked into Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of obstruction of justice, but she has not been charged, according to a search of court documents.
Anyone with information about the second robbery suspect is asked to contact the Unified Police Department at 801-743-5915. The man should be considered armed and dangerous, police said.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- 5 memorable ways to pamper your family this...
- Provo’s Bikes and Trikes Festival is...
- Cedar Hills’ Family Festival kicks off...
- Don't know what's causing your infection? Ask...
- U. study shows how huge landslide shaped Zion...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 109
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 41
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 23
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 16
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8