LAWRENCE, Kan. — Marlana VanHoose is 16-years-old and has a voice that is on its way to going viral.
A YouTube video of Marlana singing the National Anthem preceding the University of Kansas women's basketball game on Feb. 3 against Ole Miss has been posted several times and has already achieved more than 70,000 views.
Several viewers expressed their support for the young artist.
Christopher Winter posted, "Amazing. Why is Miley Cyrus famous, and not this talented young vocalist?"
Karen Witte also posted, "I would love for her to sing to my son, my Marine, when he finally gets to come home."
- Piano Guys, David Archuleta, 'Nutcracker':...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- Families have become the scapegoat of holiday...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- How actress Blake Lively's family saves money...
- 15 things you should give up to be a happier...
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 40
- Families have become the scapegoat of... 9
- Brittany Maynard, right-to-die voice,... 7
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere 5
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be... 5
- Sherry Young: When the scruffy look is... 4
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 4
- This new video game shows that there is... 3