LAWRENCE, Kan. — Marlana VanHoose is 16-years-old and has a voice that is on its way to going viral.
A YouTube video of Marlana singing the National Anthem preceding the University of Kansas women's basketball game on Feb. 3 against Ole Miss has been posted several times and has already achieved more than 70,000 views.
Several viewers expressed their support for the young artist.
Christopher Winter posted, "Amazing. Why is Miley Cyrus famous, and not this talented young vocalist?"
Karen Witte also posted, "I would love for her to sing to my son, my Marine, when he finally gets to come home."
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do...
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout Sione...
- Neon Trees represent BYU, Fight the New Drug...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What defenders of...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Tournaments...
- Sherry Young: Steve Young and Jimmer Fredette...
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- At the theater, please remember etiquette
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout... 10
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 7
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 6
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog... 5
- Sherry Young: Steve Young and Jimmer... 3
- Thousands line up to enjoy Handcart... 2
- FamilySearch celebrates the pioneer in... 1
- The Clean Cut: Parents shocked by... 1