LAWRENCE, Kan. — Marlana VanHoose is 16-years-old and has a voice that is on its way to going viral.
A YouTube video of Marlana singing the National Anthem preceding the University of Kansas women's basketball game on Feb. 3 against Ole Miss has been posted several times and has already achieved more than 70,000 views.
Several viewers expressed their support for the young artist.
Christopher Winter posted, "Amazing. Why is Miley Cyrus famous, and not this talented young vocalist?"
Karen Witte also posted, "I would love for her to sing to my son, my Marine, when he finally gets to come home."
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Why 'The Cosby Show' still matters 30 years...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 26
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6