LAWRENCE, Kan. — Marlana VanHoose is 16-years-old and has a voice that is on its way to going viral.
A YouTube video of Marlana singing the National Anthem preceding the University of Kansas women's basketball game on Feb. 3 against Ole Miss has been posted several times and has already achieved more than 70,000 views.
Several viewers expressed their support for the young artist.
Christopher Winter posted, "Amazing. Why is Miley Cyrus famous, and not this talented young vocalist?"
Karen Witte also posted, "I would love for her to sing to my son, my Marine, when he finally gets to come home."
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- Studies show different roles of mothers...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may...
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- Family stress and poverty affect... 11
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 10
- Why exposing your children to another... 5
- Disney's 'Tomorrowland' is a... 5
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- 100 deadly days of summer: What you... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Great-grandfather receives honorary... 3