Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz lose game, shot at making playoffs
On the final night of the regular season, the Jazz needed to win their last game and the Lakers to lose theirs.
In the end, they didn't need to wait for the latter to happen.
The Jazz played one of their worst offensive games of the season en route to losing at Memphis, 86-70. Utah failed to score at least 20 points in two of the four quarters, shooting just 32 percent against one of the best defenses in the league.
The game remained close until halfway through the third quarter, at which point Memphis outscored Utah 15-4 over the next six minutes to take a 14-point lead into the fourth quarter.
The Jazz cut the lead to 10 before Mo Williams missed 3-pointer was followed by Jerryd Bayless trey on the other end, pushing the lead back to 13 and essentially ending any hope the Jazz had of extending their season.
Follow live Twitter reaction below from media and fans after the game.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Morning links: Former BYU player Paul Lasike...
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs and...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Utes football fan raising money to put 'Utah'...
- Former Utah cornerback Dominque Hatfield...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other... 14
- Dick Harmon: As camps open, Utes, Cougs... 14