Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz lose game, shot at making playoffs
On the final night of the regular season, the Jazz needed to win their last game and the Lakers to lose theirs.
In the end, they didn't need to wait for the latter to happen.
The Jazz played one of their worst offensive games of the season en route to losing at Memphis, 86-70. Utah failed to score at least 20 points in two of the four quarters, shooting just 32 percent against one of the best defenses in the league.
The game remained close until halfway through the third quarter, at which point Memphis outscored Utah 15-4 over the next six minutes to take a 14-point lead into the fourth quarter.
The Jazz cut the lead to 10 before Mo Williams missed 3-pointer was followed by Jerryd Bayless trey on the other end, pushing the lead back to 13 and essentially ending any hope the Jazz had of extending their season.
Follow live Twitter reaction below from media and fans after the game.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected 75-68...
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Jazz beat Clippers 102-91 to snap 13-game...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Twitter reacts to David Collette vs. Utah State
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 57
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35