Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz lose game, shot at making playoffs
On the final night of the regular season, the Jazz needed to win their last game and the Lakers to lose theirs.
In the end, they didn't need to wait for the latter to happen.
The Jazz played one of their worst offensive games of the season en route to losing at Memphis, 86-70. Utah failed to score at least 20 points in two of the four quarters, shooting just 32 percent against one of the best defenses in the league.
The game remained close until halfway through the third quarter, at which point Memphis outscored Utah 15-4 over the next six minutes to take a 14-point lead into the fourth quarter.
The Jazz cut the lead to 10 before Mo Williams missed 3-pointer was followed by Jerryd Bayless trey on the other end, pushing the lead back to 13 and essentially ending any hope the Jazz had of extending their season.
Follow live Twitter reaction below from media and fans after the game.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14