Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz lose game, shot at making playoffs
On the final night of the regular season, the Jazz needed to win their last game and the Lakers to lose theirs.
In the end, they didn't need to wait for the latter to happen.
The Jazz played one of their worst offensive games of the season en route to losing at Memphis, 86-70. Utah failed to score at least 20 points in two of the four quarters, shooting just 32 percent against one of the best defenses in the league.
The game remained close until halfway through the third quarter, at which point Memphis outscored Utah 15-4 over the next six minutes to take a 14-point lead into the fourth quarter.
The Jazz cut the lead to 10 before Mo Williams missed 3-pointer was followed by Jerryd Bayless trey on the other end, pushing the lead back to 13 and essentially ending any hope the Jazz had of extending their season.
Follow live Twitter reaction below from media and fans after the game.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26