USU track: Aggies to host USU Mark Faldmo Invitational this weekend
Utah State's men's and women's track and field teams will host the annual USU Mark Faldmo Invitational at Ralph Maughan Track Stadium in Logan, Utah, on Friday and Saturday, April 19-20. A select number of Aggies will also travel to Walnut, Calif., for the Mt. SAC Relays, Distance Carnival and Invitational on Thursday-Saturday, April 18-20.
In the 2013 edition of the USU Mark Faldmo Invitational, Utah State will welcome in-state schools BYU, Utah (women), Utah Valley, Weber State (women) and Westminster (women), along with border foe Idaho State in the annual track and field meet. For more information on the USU Mark Faldmo Invitational, including a complete event schedule, visit USU's athletic website.
Action will begin at Ralph Maughan Track Stadium on Friday at 4 p.m. MT with the women's and men's hammer throws, followed by the men's javelin at 4:30 p.m., and the women's and men's 5,000m run at 5 p.m. Saturday's action will start at 10 a.m. with the field events as the running events will begin at approximately 11:45 a.m. The United States National Anthem will be played at 11:20 a.m. All times are subject to change and the events will be moved ahead of schedule if possible.
"The thing I like about this weekend is the athletes get to showcase their talent in front of their home fans and families. I really like that," USU head coach Gregg Gensel said. "The thing about sending athletes to compete at Mt. SAC is we are able to showcase our talents and our program with the nation's best."
At the Mt. SAC Relays, Distance Carnival and Invitational, USU will send freshmen Tylee Newman, Cole Lambourne and Kalon Weston; sophomores Nic Bowens, Michael Cardinal, Chari Hawkins and Eric Shellhorn; juniors Keeley Eldredge, Bryce Hall and Kylie Hirschi; and seniors Stephanie Burt, Will Henry, Alex Litzsinger and Tyler Killpack. Events begin at 2:30 p.m. MT on Thursday, 11 a.m. on Friday and 10 a.m. on Saturday, with the meet set to concluded at 7:45 p.m. on Saturday.
Action continues for Utah State track and field as it again splits action between the University of California hosted Brutus Hamilton Challenge and the BYU hosted Robison Invitational on Friday and Saturday, April 26-27.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 11
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7