A simple infographic of what to do to get finances ready for retirement is available as a free printout from FutureAdvisor.
The infographic, designed by Amelia Greenhall, is in checklist form, so it shows what steps need to be taken to have a good retirement portfolio.
Instead of focusing on a specific age to retire, it shows what tasks need to be done at any time during life. This allows those who use it to set up retirement at their own pace and to space out the tasks on their own.
These steps include making sure the investment portfolio is age appropriate, having funds diversified, invest idle cash and utilize tax shelters, look at it two or three times a year and make the investment plan automatic. The PDF for the checklist is available here.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- How to be a billionaire
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 10
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3