A simple infographic of what to do to get finances ready for retirement is available as a free printout from FutureAdvisor.
The infographic, designed by Amelia Greenhall, is in checklist form, so it shows what steps need to be taken to have a good retirement portfolio.
Instead of focusing on a specific age to retire, it shows what tasks need to be done at any time during life. This allows those who use it to set up retirement at their own pace and to space out the tasks on their own.
These steps include making sure the investment portfolio is age appropriate, having funds diversified, invest idle cash and utilize tax shelters, look at it two or three times a year and make the investment plan automatic. The PDF for the checklist is available here.
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- How 'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John...
- Balancing act: Stress, burnout, mistakes top...
- Digital Savant: How to be a ghost (online)
- The marriage between economic success and...
- How saving for retirement requires change in...
- The family is America's No. 1 priority when...
- Dave Ramsey says: Investing in a more...
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for... 4
- Charity, it does a body good 3
- How one woman got rid of $20,000 in... 2
- Stocks mostly lower as oil sinks,... 2
- Smartphone data encryption causing... 2
- 5 questions to ask on the way to the ER 2
- This billionaire is going to die broke... 2
- How saving for retirement requires... 1