A simple infographic of what to do to get finances ready for retirement is available as a free printout from FutureAdvisor.
The infographic, designed by Amelia Greenhall, is in checklist form, so it shows what steps need to be taken to have a good retirement portfolio.
Instead of focusing on a specific age to retire, it shows what tasks need to be done at any time during life. This allows those who use it to set up retirement at their own pace and to space out the tasks on their own.
These steps include making sure the investment portfolio is age appropriate, having funds diversified, invest idle cash and utilize tax shelters, look at it two or three times a year and make the investment plan automatic. The PDF for the checklist is available here.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit...
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 39
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 21
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4