A simple infographic of what to do to get finances ready for retirement is available as a free printout from FutureAdvisor.
The infographic, designed by Amelia Greenhall, is in checklist form, so it shows what steps need to be taken to have a good retirement portfolio.
Instead of focusing on a specific age to retire, it shows what tasks need to be done at any time during life. This allows those who use it to set up retirement at their own pace and to space out the tasks on their own.
These steps include making sure the investment portfolio is age appropriate, having funds diversified, invest idle cash and utilize tax shelters, look at it two or three times a year and make the investment plan automatic. The PDF for the checklist is available here.
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- 15 actions families are taking today to make...
- Obama announces new birth control fixes for...
- How to pay off all your student debt with one...
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Vet who simulates homelessness for a month...
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Food stamp use shows continued... 9
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- How to eat on just $4 a day 7
- Obama announces new birth control fixes... 5
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 5
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4