A simple infographic of what to do to get finances ready for retirement is available as a free printout from FutureAdvisor.
The infographic, designed by Amelia Greenhall, is in checklist form, so it shows what steps need to be taken to have a good retirement portfolio.
Instead of focusing on a specific age to retire, it shows what tasks need to be done at any time during life. This allows those who use it to set up retirement at their own pace and to space out the tasks on their own.
These steps include making sure the investment portfolio is age appropriate, having funds diversified, invest idle cash and utilize tax shelters, look at it two or three times a year and make the investment plan automatic. The PDF for the checklist is available here.
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- What do the new jobs numbers mean?
- Dave Ramsey says: Put a temporary stop to...
- Most US workers unprepared to meet retirement...
- The shift away from driving continues
- Insurance agents feeling left out of "Obamacare"
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 10
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 8
- Insurance agents feeling left out of... 8
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 7
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs... 3
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement 2