Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Transit Authority has seen a ridership boom on its PC-SLC Connect line.
In the past four months, the bus service connecting Salt Lake City and Park City has seen an increase of about 1,000 trips per month.
UTA spokesman Remi Barron said there are several reasons for the increase in riders, such as tweaking bus routes to better serve the community and reducing fares from $5.50 to $4.25 per trip.
”By lowering the fare, we allowed other people to ride the bus that might not have before,” Barron said.
A systemwide rate increase went into effect April 1, making the current fare $4.50.
UTA also connected the line to the 3900 S. Wasatch Blvd. park-and-ride to make it easier and more convenient for riders, and started allowing transfers from that route to other buses and trains in the system, Barron said.
Created jointly by Park City, Summit County and UTA, the PC-SLC Connect line started service in October 2011. Previously, the Park City bus route was a separate entity, making transfers more difficult and requiring and additional fare.
“We’ve made sure now that our operators are giving out transfers to anyone who purchases a ticket there,” Barron said, “and that makes it easier for people to get to say Ogden from Park City on one fare.”
The Park City schedule also changed times to fit with ski resort and standard workday hours.
The increase in ridership made up for the lower fare, Barron said.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35