Video: Gordy Bravo hits inside-the-park homer, Hannah Howell pitches perfection in the same game
PROVO — Freshman Gordy Bravo hit an inside-the-park home run and senior Hannah Howell pitched the second perfect game in BYU softball history.
Howell's perfect game was during the second game of a doubleheader against Loyola Marymount on Saturday, April 13. Howell came into the first game and pitched the last three innings of that game before going the distance in game two.
The only other perfect game in school history was pitched by Summer Tobias in 2005 against Utah Valley.
Bravo's inside-the-park home run came in the bottom of the fourth with two outs. Bravo's deep line drive barely stayed fair as the left fielder missed a diving catch. Bravo rounded the bases and barely beat the throw home. Bravo's homer drove in two runs to pad BYU's lead to 11-0.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Hood, Hayward help Jazz eclipse Suns for...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 100
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 61
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22