Video: Gordy Bravo hits inside-the-park homer, Hannah Howell pitches perfection in the same game
PROVO — Freshman Gordy Bravo hit an inside-the-park home run and senior Hannah Howell pitched the second perfect game in BYU softball history.
Howell's perfect game was during the second game of a doubleheader against Loyola Marymount on Saturday, April 13. Howell came into the first game and pitched the last three innings of that game before going the distance in game two.
The only other perfect game in school history was pitched by Summer Tobias in 2005 against Utah Valley.
Bravo's inside-the-park home run came in the bottom of the fourth with two outs. Bravo's deep line drive barely stayed fair as the left fielder missed a diving catch. Bravo rounded the bases and barely beat the throw home. Bravo's homer drove in two runs to pad BYU's lead to 11-0.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7