Video: Gordy Bravo hits inside-the-park homer, Hannah Howell pitches perfection in the same game
PROVO — Freshman Gordy Bravo hit an inside-the-park home run and senior Hannah Howell pitched the second perfect game in BYU softball history.
Howell's perfect game was during the second game of a doubleheader against Loyola Marymount on Saturday, April 13. Howell came into the first game and pitched the last three innings of that game before going the distance in game two.
The only other perfect game in school history was pitched by Summer Tobias in 2005 against Utah Valley.
Bravo's inside-the-park home run came in the bottom of the fourth with two outs. Bravo's deep line drive barely stayed fair as the left fielder missed a diving catch. Bravo rounded the bases and barely beat the throw home. Bravo's homer drove in two runs to pad BYU's lead to 11-0.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 114
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 30
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 20