HURRICANE — A Utah man has been arrested in connection with the death of one of two men who were killed in Mesquite, Nev., over the weekend.
Jeramiah Juber, 30, of Hurricane, was arrested Monday for investigation of murder.
Michael Eldredge, 50, of Mesquite, died Saturday night in Mesquite as a result of multiple stab wounds, according to Mesquite police. Later that evening, Ryan Wood, 43, of Mesquite, was arrested by Las Vegas police off I-15 near the Logandale/Moapa area, about 50 miles outside of Mesquite.
During the course of their investigation, police learned of a possible second victim. They obtained a search warrant for a residence on East Mesquite Boulevard, "where they found the body of an unidentified adult male which was concealed in the basement," according to a statement from police. A cause of death had not been released as of Wednesday.
Juber is being held in connection with the death of the second victim, whose identity was not immediately released. He was arrested in Mesquite. Wood was arrested in connection with both deaths. Both men were being held Wednesday in the Clark County Jail in Las Vegas.
Mesquite police spokesman Jeff Smith said detectives were still investigating Wednesday why Juber was in Mesquite, what connection he had to the victim, and what the possible motive was for both deaths.
Court records show Juber has a minor criminal history in Utah. A judge in Kanab issued a protective order against him last September in a case of domestic violence, according to court records.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- Charges: Magna mom got 13-year-old son drunk
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at Sharia...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 114
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 63
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 28
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 27
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16