HURRICANE — A Utah man has been arrested in connection with the death of one of two men who were killed in Mesquite, Nev., over the weekend.
Jeramiah Juber, 30, of Hurricane, was arrested Monday for investigation of murder.
Michael Eldredge, 50, of Mesquite, died Saturday night in Mesquite as a result of multiple stab wounds, according to Mesquite police. Later that evening, Ryan Wood, 43, of Mesquite, was arrested by Las Vegas police off I-15 near the Logandale/Moapa area, about 50 miles outside of Mesquite.
During the course of their investigation, police learned of a possible second victim. They obtained a search warrant for a residence on East Mesquite Boulevard, "where they found the body of an unidentified adult male which was concealed in the basement," according to a statement from police. A cause of death had not been released as of Wednesday.
Juber is being held in connection with the death of the second victim, whose identity was not immediately released. He was arrested in Mesquite. Wood was arrested in connection with both deaths. Both men were being held Wednesday in the Clark County Jail in Las Vegas.
Mesquite police spokesman Jeff Smith said detectives were still investigating Wednesday why Juber was in Mesquite, what connection he had to the victim, and what the possible motive was for both deaths.
Court records show Juber has a minor criminal history in Utah. A judge in Kanab issued a protective order against him last September in a case of domestic violence, according to court records.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17