Utah Jazz ready and excited for their 'now or never' moment in Memphis
"We most definitely are going to have to," he said. "This is the time that we can't have one of these slow starts. We can't have a great start and then die off later. We've got to play hard for 48 minutes."
— What do the Grizzlies do well defensively?
"They man-to-man each guy. They have their hands on you. They commit there. Their weak-side rotations are great," Corbin said. "They're a physical team and they're going to have their hands on you all night, and they do it for 48 minutes every night so they have the reputation. They get the chance to be aggressive on both ends."
— Does the recent road success the Jazz have had (three wins in a row) give any momentum?
"We try and use whatever we have at this point," Corbin said. "The experiences we have struggling on the road all year long and the successes we've had of late on the road. We need a big win on the road here tonight. We've been through a lot on the road through the season, and of late we've had success and we want to build on that."
— How far away does it seem to be getting to the point where you're sitting on the airplane watching the Lakers game with a chance to go to the playoffs?
"The first thing is to take care of our business — winning the game tonight and then we'll deal with that," Corbin said. "It's a long afternoon, waiting until the game and just getting ready and focused, and then taking care of your business and then waiting to see what happens. But the first thing is taking care of your business. We have to get a win here tonight and we'll go from there."
— Can you imagine what that plane flight will be like if you win? Can you watch the Lakers-Rockets game?
"We'll see when we get on the plane," Corbin said. "We can get Internet on the plane."
— You said you were going to ask your old coach, Kevin McHale, for some help from his Rockets. Did you reach out to him?
"No, nah, nah. I sent word to him, though. He got it," Jefferson said. "I'm going to shoot him a text tonight. We're going to take care of business."
— What's your gut feel going into this one?
"I think that we know what we've got to do," Jefferson said. "That's the way we've play been playing. That's why we won nine of the last 11."
— How tough is it going against Memphis center Marc Gasol?
"He's a beast. He's got to be the best big man in the league as far as all-around talent," Jefferson said. "That man can do everything. He can shoot. He can pass, play great D. He's got a great post work. Just a very smart, smart, smart player. He's just one of them guys you respect but you hate to play against.
"I just think he's the best all-around talent — a big who can do everything."
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27