BYU tennis: Cougars prepare for last weekend of regular season
PROVO, Utah — Entering the last week of regular season play, the BYU women’s tennis team hosts No. 71 Pepperdine on Friday and Loyola Marymount on Saturday at the outdoor tennis courts.
The Cougars (9-9, 2-4 West Coast Conference) have won two consecutive matches, including a win over No. 70 Washington State on April 8.
Senior Aubrey Paul leads the team with 14 singles wins and has won eight of her last nine matches. Freshman Nicolette Tran put together a successful freshman campaign, going into this weekend with a 12-6 record.
In doubles play, sophomore Morgan Anderson and freshman Mackenna Maddox own a team-high 12-4 mark on the season while playing exclusively at the No. 2 position.
Pepperdine (8-11, 5-1 WCC) plays on the road against Loyola Marymount on April 17, before coming to BYU on Friday. If the Waves win both matches, they would clinch a share of the WCC regular season title.
LMU (10-9, 2-4 WCC) has won three of its last five matches but most recently fell to conference opponents Saint Mary’s and San Diego.
Both matches start at noon. Admission is free. The matches will be moved indoors in case of bad weather.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- Hawaii trip had benefits for Utah Jazz aside...
- Utah football fans set to camp out for ESPN's...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 39
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19