BYU tennis: Cougars prepare for last weekend of regular season
PROVO, Utah — Entering the last week of regular season play, the BYU women’s tennis team hosts No. 71 Pepperdine on Friday and Loyola Marymount on Saturday at the outdoor tennis courts.
The Cougars (9-9, 2-4 West Coast Conference) have won two consecutive matches, including a win over No. 70 Washington State on April 8.
Senior Aubrey Paul leads the team with 14 singles wins and has won eight of her last nine matches. Freshman Nicolette Tran put together a successful freshman campaign, going into this weekend with a 12-6 record.
In doubles play, sophomore Morgan Anderson and freshman Mackenna Maddox own a team-high 12-4 mark on the season while playing exclusively at the No. 2 position.
Pepperdine (8-11, 5-1 WCC) plays on the road against Loyola Marymount on April 17, before coming to BYU on Friday. If the Waves win both matches, they would clinch a share of the WCC regular season title.
LMU (10-9, 2-4 WCC) has won three of its last five matches but most recently fell to conference opponents Saint Mary’s and San Diego.
Both matches start at noon. Admission is free. The matches will be moved indoors in case of bad weather.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State's Keeton getting Heisman hype
- Salt Lake City's Patrick Smyth reclaims...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 65
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 48
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 28
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 24