BYU tennis: Cougars prepare for last weekend of regular season
PROVO, Utah — Entering the last week of regular season play, the BYU women’s tennis team hosts No. 71 Pepperdine on Friday and Loyola Marymount on Saturday at the outdoor tennis courts.
The Cougars (9-9, 2-4 West Coast Conference) have won two consecutive matches, including a win over No. 70 Washington State on April 8.
Senior Aubrey Paul leads the team with 14 singles wins and has won eight of her last nine matches. Freshman Nicolette Tran put together a successful freshman campaign, going into this weekend with a 12-6 record.
In doubles play, sophomore Morgan Anderson and freshman Mackenna Maddox own a team-high 12-4 mark on the season while playing exclusively at the No. 2 position.
Pepperdine (8-11, 5-1 WCC) plays on the road against Loyola Marymount on April 17, before coming to BYU on Friday. If the Waves win both matches, they would clinch a share of the WCC regular season title.
LMU (10-9, 2-4 WCC) has won three of its last five matches but most recently fell to conference opponents Saint Mary’s and San Diego.
Both matches start at noon. Admission is free. The matches will be moved indoors in case of bad weather.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 87
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 20