"I think that has been one of our problems all season — focus," Lin told CBSSports.com. "Every game means so much. We are talking about playoff seeding. We are talking about matchups and things that are more important than anything we played for all season."
Perhaps one of the least-talked-about players on the Rockets roster is the second year player out of Florida, Chandler Parsons. Parsons has really emerged into a lethal weapon for the Rockets this year, and his combination of size (6 foot 9) and speed makes him a very tough player to defend.
He is a prolific scorer; excellent at driving the ball and scoring in the paint, while at the same time, is a deadly 3-point marksman. His scoring ability is extremely underrated, and he currently is the second-leading scorer on Houston (15.4 ppg) behind Harden.
When these two teams clash Wednesday night, Houston will most likely do its most damage with its wing scorers, and if their jump shots are falling, then Houston will be tough to beat.
The Lakers will look to play the same high-low game they've played in Bryant's absence, using their size to bully around their opponent before kicking it out to shooters when double teams arrive down low.
The game will take place in Los Angeles, and the Lakers are hoping that the Tinsel Town crowd will give them the edge they need; and in a close matchup like this one, the home-court advantage may end up being just the trump card the Lakers need to win.
Wednesday night's clash between these two hungry ballclubs promises to be very entertaining. This game is the end of a very long road for both teams, and it all comes down to who will cross the finish line first.
So with the pressure on, who will crack?
For additional NBA updates, you can follow Mitch Kunzler on Twitter: @MitchKunzler
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams provides...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42