Am.F.'s Hardman pitches a 10-run shutout over Vikings in Region 4 rivalry
Last Friday, the American Fork baseball team beat Lehi 6-0 in the third game of its three game series. On Tuesday, the Cavemen beat the Vikings in a 10-run shutout to begin their series against rival Pleasant Grove.
Senior Sean Hardman was on the mound for the whole game and kept the Viking bats quiet. Jared Ingersol, American Fork's head coach, said, "Sean really stepped up his play today. He was awesome on the mound and solid at the plate."
The Cavemen had 14 hits, including two doubles and a triple. Pleasant Grove had six hits, five singles and a double but could not get any offensive momentum anywhere as it left runners on base five times.
"I couldn't do it without my defense," Hardman said. "They were on top of their game today." Coach Ingersol added, "We have a great bunch of players. When they get their confidence and play as a team, they can be pretty hard to beat. Pleasant Grove is a hard-hitting team and a tough one to beat. This has been a great game for us. Our kids did a good job on defense."
With this win, American Fork goes to a 9-2 overall record with a 4-0 region record. Pleasant Grove has a 9-4 record overall and a 1-3 record in region. Both teams continue their play Wednesday at American Fork and game three on Friday back at Pleasant Grove.
Kent Allen lives in Pleasant Grove and covers Pleasant Grove High School varsity sports for Deseret Connect.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 90
- High school football: 2016 schedules... 5
- Layton junior high wrestler loses... 3
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300... 3
- Ranking the 38 Utah ties selected in... 3
- Dick Harmon: Why NCAA's wise decision... 1
- Skyridge High School 2016 football... 0
- Ridgeline High School 2016 football... 0