Am.F.'s Hardman pitches a 10-run shutout over Vikings in Region 4 rivalry
Last Friday, the American Fork baseball team beat Lehi 6-0 in the third game of its three game series. On Tuesday, the Cavemen beat the Vikings in a 10-run shutout to begin their series against rival Pleasant Grove.
Senior Sean Hardman was on the mound for the whole game and kept the Viking bats quiet. Jared Ingersol, American Fork's head coach, said, "Sean really stepped up his play today. He was awesome on the mound and solid at the plate."
The Cavemen had 14 hits, including two doubles and a triple. Pleasant Grove had six hits, five singles and a double but could not get any offensive momentum anywhere as it left runners on base five times.
"I couldn't do it without my defense," Hardman said. "They were on top of their game today." Coach Ingersol added, "We have a great bunch of players. When they get their confidence and play as a team, they can be pretty hard to beat. Pleasant Grove is a hard-hitting team and a tough one to beat. This has been a great game for us. Our kids did a good job on defense."
With this win, American Fork goes to a 9-2 overall record with a 4-0 region record. Pleasant Grove has a 9-4 record overall and a 1-3 record in region. Both teams continue their play Wednesday at American Fork and game three on Friday back at Pleasant Grove.
Kent Allen lives in Pleasant Grove and covers Pleasant Grove High School varsity sports for Deseret Connect.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Morning links: West's Keisha White's dazzling...
- Timpanogos takes home a 4A state championship...
- High school baseball: American Fork sweeps...
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- High school sports: Spring Academic All-State
- High school All-Sports awards: Lone Peak,...
- BYU football receives commitment from... 18
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball... 5
- Timpanogos takes home a 4A state... 3
- High school baseball: American Fork... 3
- Championship Thursday: Four prep state... 0
- 5A baseball playoffs: Rivals set to... 0
- Morning links: West's Keisha White's... 0
- High school sports: Spring Academic... 0