Photo gallery: U. students prepare robots for zombie attack, showcase other mechanical designs
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah mechanical engineering students tested autonomous robots against invading zombies as one of many class competitions and design projects showcased at the U.'s Mechanical Engineering Design Day on Tuesday.
Other projects included a mechanical leech, an electronic device to help the visually impaired play soccer, racing vehicles and a lunar excavator.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 38
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15