Photo gallery: U. students prepare robots for zombie attack, showcase other mechanical designs
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah mechanical engineering students tested autonomous robots against invading zombies as one of many class competitions and design projects showcased at the U.'s Mechanical Engineering Design Day on Tuesday.
Other projects included a mechanical leech, an electronic device to help the visually impaired play soccer, racing vehicles and a lunar excavator.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13