Photo gallery: U. students prepare robots for zombie attack, showcase other mechanical designs
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah mechanical engineering students tested autonomous robots against invading zombies as one of many class competitions and design projects showcased at the U.'s Mechanical Engineering Design Day on Tuesday.
Other projects included a mechanical leech, an electronic device to help the visually impaired play soccer, racing vehicles and a lunar excavator.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23