Photo gallery: U. students prepare robots for zombie attack, showcase other mechanical designs
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah mechanical engineering students tested autonomous robots against invading zombies as one of many class competitions and design projects showcased at the U.'s Mechanical Engineering Design Day on Tuesday.
Other projects included a mechanical leech, an electronic device to help the visually impaired play soccer, racing vehicles and a lunar excavator.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14