Mike Terry, Deseret News
MIDVALE — In preparation for potential spring flooding, Salt Lake County is requesting volunteers to assist in filling sandbags at the Salt Lake County Public Works Administration Building on Saturday, April 20.
The goal is to fill 3,000 sandbags between 9 a.m. and noon at the facility, 604 W. 6960 South, just north of 7200 South.
Volunteers should bring gloves, shovels and a five-gallon bucket.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7