Mike Terry, Deseret News
MIDVALE — In preparation for potential spring flooding, Salt Lake County is requesting volunteers to assist in filling sandbags at the Salt Lake County Public Works Administration Building on Saturday, April 20.
The goal is to fill 3,000 sandbags between 9 a.m. and noon at the facility, 604 W. 6960 South, just north of 7200 South.
Volunteers should bring gloves, shovels and a five-gallon bucket.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13