Dave Knoer, K-Kamera.com
It’s hard to believe that, sometimes, kids can be so mean. Children come to us as meek, humble, patient, loving individuals — they’re born that way. Yet, as they age, some kids choose to go against their very nature and put others down in harmful ways. Sadly, bullying is an ever-increasing problem in schools, and no child is immune. Hurtful words can cut to the very core, and the resulting feelings can leave internal scars for life. That’s why it’s so important to continually teach our children to reach out and lift others, not tear them down.
This Sunday on “Mormon Times TV,” you’ll see how a group of athletes in Queen Creek, Ariz., extended themselves to a classmate with special needs and changed her life. It’s the same group of teenagers mentioned in the recent priesthood session of general conference by General Young Men President David Beck. On our show, you’ll see how the bullying stopped after the boys took the time to minister to this young woman. It’s a powerful story.
We’ll also dig deeper into President Dieter F. Uchtdorf’s conference remarks during priesthood session. Communication and relationship coach Matt Townsend will be here to address the “four titles” that can help us recognize our individual roles and potential.
General Young Women President Elaine Dalton was released after five years of faithful service in that assignment. You’ll hear her reflect on what her presidency worked to accomplish, and how she feels about the youths of the LDS Church.
Plus Brigham Young University’s Young Ambassadors performing group is ready to travel to China. You’ll find out more about their journey and message.
And Jason Smyth may be known as the fastest paralympian in the world, but there are things in life that he treasures even more. His story is also part of our April 21 show.
The “Mormon Times TV" television show airs weekly on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL TV/Channel 5 following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. You can check us out on YouTube at youtube.com/mormontimes, where it’s easier than ever to view and share inspiring stories from the show. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation. We’re always looking for uplifting, inspirational stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at email@example.com.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 39
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 32
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 16
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 12
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 11
- How would you describe God in just one... 11