"He didn't have 40," Corbin said. "But he carried us."
The Jazz coach also credited Jefferson for passing out of double teams, opening up shots for his teammates.
In this must-win matchup, Utah also got strong performances from Mo Williams (15 points, seven assists, four steals), Randy Foye (14 points) and Derrick Favors (12 points).
Defensively, the Jazz clamped down on the short-handed T-Wolves, who played without Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic, their two best big men, due to injuries.
Minnesota's shooting (42.7 percent) was as frigid as its winter-like weather, which resulted in the postponement of Sunday's Twins-Mets game due to snow.
"It was good to see," Corbin said, "especially in the second half when they made a little run there and then we were able to get ourselves back together and execute our offense down the stretch and get a little cushion and we could cruise in the game."
That, they certainly did.
The T-Wolves were held to 39 points in the second half, and the Jazz only had 10 turnovers while playing with a calm resolve.
"It's very satisfying. We just came in and did what we was supposed to do," said Jazz forward Paul Millsap, who had eight points and seven rebounds. "The big challenge is going to be the next game in Memphis. Tonight was one of them games we was supposed to win and now we've just got to get one."
And then, of course, hope the Rockets can cool off the red-hot Lakers.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34