There’s nothing wrong with the Masters announcers going all Masters, but when the winning putt dropped this year, Jim Nantz whisper-shouted, “Adam Scott! A life changer!”
Maybe, though Rock On would beg to differ.
Casual Friday is a life changer. Sea salt caramel ice cream is, too.
Just a really good day at the office.
A REAL VISUAL
Coaches love to refer to certain type players as “a confident young man.”
That certainly holds true with Michigan guard Spike Albrecht. Following the Wolverines’ NCAA championship loss to Louisville, Albrecht tweeted to supermodel Kate Upton: "hey saw you at the game last night, thanks for coming out! Hope to see you again" [sic].
That drew a chuckle from Michigan coach John Beilein, who told WTKA-AM in Detroit: “I think he’s got a shot there.”
Regarding the recruitment the 5-foot-11, 170-pound freshman, Beilein told USA Today: “He obviously does not pass the eye test.”
As far as dating Upton goes, here’s guessing he doesn’t really pass that eye test, either.
Last week the Salt Lake Bees sponsored Ugly Sweater Night at Spring Mobile Ballpark.
Which raises the question: With Rick Majerus’ sweater hanging in the Huntsman Center, isn’t every night Ugly Sweater Night up there?
Reports say Alex Rodriguez allegedly tried to buy records from a Florida “anti-aging clinic” to prevent the release of information that could tie him to performance enhancing drugs.
Theoretically, Rodriguez could shred such records.
While he’s at it, why not just shred the Baseball Records Book, too?
Twenty-year-old Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper hit homers on his first two at-bats on Opening Day.
But apparently it didn’t go to his head. Harper asked teammate Chad Tracy if it was OK to make a curtain call.
Next time he needs help, he might be asking whether he should wear a tie to the Hall of Fame ceremony.
Fans at the Miami Marlins home opener, wearing T-shirts that lambasted management, were ejected.
Sources say this is a bad precedent, since fans may one day be ejected for wearing other insulting things like “Marlins” on their shirts.
Arizona quarterback B.J. Denker during spring practice: “I’m the smartest guy on the field.”
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: therockmonster; Facebook: therockmonster
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 59
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 54
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 49
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32