"ARMOR UP," by John Bytheway, Laurel Christensen, John Hilton III, Hank Smith, Anthony Sweat and Brad Wilcox, Deseret Book, $11.99, 106 pages (nf) (ages 12 and up)
A wise knight in the Middle Ages knew that without superior armor, he could easily be killed in a dangerous world.
To elude today's spiritual danger, young people must strap on the armor of God.
That's the concept behind "Armor Up," a pocket-size book compiled by six of the most beloved authors and youth speakers in the Latter-day Saint community.
Based on Doctrine and Covenants 27:15, which advises men and women to "take upon you my whole armor," authors John Bytheway, Laurel Christensen, John Hilton III, Hank Smith, Anthony Sweat and Brad Wilcox explain how wearing that spiritual armor can not only help youths face the difficult challenges in life, but also conquer them.
"Each piece (of armor) is important; we can't leave any of them behind. The Apostle Paul wrote that we must put on the whole armor of God," the authors wrote in the book's introduction. "As you faithfully wear this armor you will thrive spiritually and one day help your children and grandchildren to share their own armor."
The book consists of six compact chapters, with each author explaining a different piece of armor and its unique relevance:
- “Girt About with Truth” by Brad Wilcox
- “A Bulletproof Breastplate” by John Hilton III
- “Put on Your Gospel Shoes” by Anthony Sweat
- “Shields Up!” by John Bytheway
- “Buckle On Your Helmet” by Hank Smith
- “Your Spiritual Sword” by Laurel Christensen
"As you take these invitations and do things in your life to put on the armor of God you will, slowly but surely, feel the power of the armor of God in your life," the authors wrote in the book's conclusion.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Researching Family History: It's a day of a...
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for judging...
- LDS leaders picture quiz: Can you name that...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 68
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 47
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 38
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 37
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 16
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- What would Jesus buy? New website helps... 14