Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Another gun in a carry-on bag was found by screeners at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The gun marks the 15th found by screeners at the airport so far this year. Twenty guns were seized at the airport during all of 2012.
On Thursday, a Transportation Security Administration screener spotted what he thought was a firearm while putting a piece of carry-on luggage through an X-ray machine.
"Before I asked about the bag, the (man) stated he knew there was a gun in the bag and forgot it was in the front pocket," the Salt Lake City police officer assisting the TSA screener wrote in a report.
Kim Duane Hansen was arrested for investigation an intentional weapons violation at the airport, a class A misdemeanor.
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 18
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 18
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911... 11