Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Another gun in a carry-on bag was found by screeners at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The gun marks the 15th found by screeners at the airport so far this year. Twenty guns were seized at the airport during all of 2012.
On Thursday, a Transportation Security Administration screener spotted what he thought was a firearm while putting a piece of carry-on luggage through an X-ray machine.
"Before I asked about the bag, the (man) stated he knew there was a gun in the bag and forgot it was in the front pocket," the Salt Lake City police officer assisting the TSA screener wrote in a report.
Kim Duane Hansen was arrested for investigation an intentional weapons violation at the airport, a class A misdemeanor.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11