Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Another gun in a carry-on bag was found by screeners at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The gun marks the 15th found by screeners at the airport so far this year. Twenty guns were seized at the airport during all of 2012.
On Thursday, a Transportation Security Administration screener spotted what he thought was a firearm while putting a piece of carry-on luggage through an X-ray machine.
"Before I asked about the bag, the (man) stated he knew there was a gun in the bag and forgot it was in the front pocket," the Salt Lake City police officer assisting the TSA screener wrote in a report.
Kim Duane Hansen was arrested for investigation an intentional weapons violation at the airport, a class A misdemeanor.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- UTA offers late TRAX, S-Line service for Utah...
- Dam project forces closure of Tibble Fork area
- Two arrested for allegedly siccing pit bull...
- Changes to TRAX gates being made at 2 U....
- USU professors receive $5.8M in Nuclear...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Fire forces evacuation of 185 Pine Valley homes
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 19