Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Another gun in a carry-on bag was found by screeners at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The gun marks the 15th found by screeners at the airport so far this year. Twenty guns were seized at the airport during all of 2012.
On Thursday, a Transportation Security Administration screener spotted what he thought was a firearm while putting a piece of carry-on luggage through an X-ray machine.
"Before I asked about the bag, the (man) stated he knew there was a gun in the bag and forgot it was in the front pocket," the Salt Lake City police officer assisting the TSA screener wrote in a report.
Kim Duane Hansen was arrested for investigation an intentional weapons violation at the airport, a class A misdemeanor.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10