OAKLEY, Summit County — The names of a man and woman who investigators believe died as a result of a murder-suicide were released Monday.
Toni Lyn Cavagnaro, 40, and Sean Thomas Kenealey, 45, were found dead in a garage in their home at 4452 N. state Route 32. A friend of the couple had gone to the residence to check on them about 1:15 p.m. Sunday after not being able to contact them for awhile.
Detectives believe Kenealey shot and killed Cavagnaro about 9 p.m. Saturday before turning the gun on himself, said Summit County Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Bridge. There was evidence at the scene that led investigators to conclude the situation was a murder-suicide and not a double homicide, though he declined Monday to provide details.
Each victim suffered a single gunshot wound to the head. A gun was found near the victims.
The couple was in a relationship and had been living together at the barn, which had living quarters in the upstairs area, Bridge said. The barn itself was about a year old, he said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13