OAKLEY, Summit County — The names of a man and woman who investigators believe died as a result of a murder-suicide were released Monday.
Toni Lyn Cavagnaro, 40, and Sean Thomas Kenealey, 45, were found dead in a garage in their home at 4452 N. state Route 32. A friend of the couple had gone to the residence to check on them about 1:15 p.m. Sunday after not being able to contact them for awhile.
Detectives believe Kenealey shot and killed Cavagnaro about 9 p.m. Saturday before turning the gun on himself, said Summit County Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Bridge. There was evidence at the scene that led investigators to conclude the situation was a murder-suicide and not a double homicide, though he declined Monday to provide details.
Each victim suffered a single gunshot wound to the head. A gun was found near the victims.
The couple was in a relationship and had been living together at the barn, which had living quarters in the upstairs area, Bridge said. The barn itself was about a year old, he said.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18