OAKLEY, Summit County — The names of a man and woman who investigators believe died as a result of a murder-suicide were released Monday.
Toni Lyn Cavagnaro, 40, and Sean Thomas Kenealey, 45, were found dead in a garage in their home at 4452 N. state Route 32. A friend of the couple had gone to the residence to check on them about 1:15 p.m. Sunday after not being able to contact them for awhile.
Detectives believe Kenealey shot and killed Cavagnaro about 9 p.m. Saturday before turning the gun on himself, said Summit County Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Bridge. There was evidence at the scene that led investigators to conclude the situation was a murder-suicide and not a double homicide, though he declined Monday to provide details.
Each victim suffered a single gunshot wound to the head. A gun was found near the victims.
The couple was in a relationship and had been living together at the barn, which had living quarters in the upstairs area, Bridge said. The barn itself was about a year old, he said.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12