OAKLEY, Summit County — The names of a man and woman who investigators believe died as a result of a murder-suicide were released Monday.
Toni Lyn Cavagnaro, 40, and Sean Thomas Kenealey, 45, were found dead in a garage in their home at 4452 N. state Route 32. A friend of the couple had gone to the residence to check on them about 1:15 p.m. Sunday after not being able to contact them for awhile.
Detectives believe Kenealey shot and killed Cavagnaro about 9 p.m. Saturday before turning the gun on himself, said Summit County Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Bridge. There was evidence at the scene that led investigators to conclude the situation was a murder-suicide and not a double homicide, though he declined Monday to provide details.
Each victim suffered a single gunshot wound to the head. A gun was found near the victims.
The couple was in a relationship and had been living together at the barn, which had living quarters in the upstairs area, Bridge said. The barn itself was about a year old, he said.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19