OAKLEY, Summit County — The names of a man and woman who investigators believe died as a result of a murder-suicide were released Monday.
Toni Lyn Cavagnaro, 40, and Sean Thomas Kenealey, 45, were found dead in a garage in their home at 4452 N. state Route 32. A friend of the couple had gone to the residence to check on them about 1:15 p.m. Sunday after not being able to contact them for awhile.
Detectives believe Kenealey shot and killed Cavagnaro about 9 p.m. Saturday before turning the gun on himself, said Summit County Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Bridge. There was evidence at the scene that led investigators to conclude the situation was a murder-suicide and not a double homicide, though he declined Monday to provide details.
Each victim suffered a single gunshot wound to the head. A gun was found near the victims.
The couple was in a relationship and had been living together at the barn, which had living quarters in the upstairs area, Bridge said. The barn itself was about a year old, he said.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Wyoming authorities to speak about Utah rail...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Deerlodge Road to undergo $5.6M in improvements
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 25