SALT LAKE CITY — Two semitrailers and a third tractor were gutted in a fire at a trucking yard at 3993 S. 300 West shortly before 6 a.m. Sunday.
Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham said the fire started with a single semitrailer and spread to the other vehicles. The cause of fire remains under investigation, Mecham said. A damage estimate was not immediately available. There were no injuries, he said.
Mecham said emergency dispatchers received numerous calls about heavy smoke from people traveling along I-15. Callers placed the location of fire between 3500 South and 3900 South and between State Street and 500 West. South Salt Lake fire crews were dispatched initially but officials determined the fire was within UFA's service area.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12