SALT LAKE CITY — Two semitrailers and a third tractor were gutted in a fire at a trucking yard at 3993 S. 300 West shortly before 6 a.m. Sunday.
Unified Fire Authority Capt. Clint Mecham said the fire started with a single semitrailer and spread to the other vehicles. The cause of fire remains under investigation, Mecham said. A damage estimate was not immediately available. There were no injuries, he said.
Mecham said emergency dispatchers received numerous calls about heavy smoke from people traveling along I-15. Callers placed the location of fire between 3500 South and 3900 South and between State Street and 500 West. South Salt Lake fire crews were dispatched initially but officials determined the fire was within UFA's service area.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Firefighter, 3 others injured in apartment blaze
- Teen in critical condition after friend...
- Discovery Gateway opens new health-focused...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 30
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 28
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11