SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Competition at the Sacramento State Mondo Mid-Major Invitational wrapped up Saturday with BYU grabbing nine top-five finishes in nine separate events.
“It was kind of a lackluster day, even though we placed well,” head coach Mark Robison said. “We didn’t get some of the marks we’d hoped we’d get. Next week we’ll get a bit of a rest and hopefully have a better showing at the Robison Invitational in a couple weeks.”
Charles took second in the 100-meter dash with a time of 10.68. Coming in eighth was Hinds, finishing in 10.98. Arslanian took 15th in 11.25 and Lamont came in 19th place in 11.44.
In the 200-meter dash, Charles took third and finished in 21.76. Harper came in 13th (22.54), followed by Arslanian in 15th (22.65), while Hinds finished in 24th place (24.79).
Harper took fourth overall in the 400-meter dash with a time of 48.58. Sophomore Michael Andraszczyk took ninth in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:53.21.
Keith Keller threw well in the javelin competition, grabbing second with a mark of 215-01.00.
In the shot put, Dennis Christensen placed third overall with a mark of 54-07.50.
In the triple jump competition, freshman Scott Matheson took third place with a jump of 46-00.75.
The Cougars will send distance runners and pole vaulters to the Puma Mt. SAC Relays in Walnut, Calif., next week.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA:...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 43
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23