The district responded to Hall’s complaint by referring Hall to the district’s policy on training. Hall said parents who support McGeary are considering legal action.
McGeary has still been teaching at the school, but the Deseret News learned this week that he will be transferred to a junior high in Lehi, a transfer he did not request but has accepted. Koop will move to the district offices to work in student services, while the school’s athletic director requested a change in duties because he wants to coach the youth athletic teams of his young children, Bromley said.
McGeary issued a statement two days after his resignation explaining his decision to resign and insisting that he never tried to circumvent the rules.
"My decision to resign is because I did not want to cause any strain or hurt to the Lone Peak Football program," McGeary wrote in a statement on Feb. 27. "I have worked tirelessly with my administration to make sure that I was following all policies and have done everything that has been asked. I am appreciative of the support I've received."
Hall said the parents who support McGeary don't feel they have had the same consideration from the district as officials have given those who complained about McGeary. Parents who complained about McGeary said he exerted control over the booster club account and tried to conceal the identity of big-money donors from the district.
But Hall oversaw the program’s booster club account and said McGeary specifically avoided handling money, leaving that to the school’s financial secretary. He said there were not issues with the program’s finances.
Bromley said that despite its recent troubles, she is looking forward to taking over at Lone Peak next year.
“I was actually an assistant principal there,” she said. “I know the community, it’s a wonderful school, and I’m very excited.”
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 82
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill... 37