Mother of teenage suspect in man's death charged with obstructing justice
MOAB — The mother of a 16-year-old boy accused of killing her boyfriend has been charged with trying to cover up the man's death.
Corina Yardley, 44, was booked into Grand County Jail for investigation into her role in the death of Gregory Campos. Yardley was charged Friday in 7th District Court with two counts of obstruction of justice, both second-degree felonies.
Police say Yardley's son, Brody Blu Kruckenberg, invited his friend Anthony "Tony" Nelson, also 16, over to Yardley's house and convinced him to shoot Campos, who was asleep in Yardley's bed. Campos was shot multiple times and died on March 25, investigators said.
The two boys will be tried as adults and are each charged with murder, a first-degree felony.
Investigators say the boys used Yardley's truck to transport Campos' body and dispose of it in the Colorado River. They also determined Yardley's bed was replaced five days after the shooting.
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Smithfield man charged with murdering his father
- West Valley police investigating Sunday...
- Police investigating gunshots in Liberty Park
- Greek Orthodox parish in Cottonwood Heights...
- Some relatives of man killed by police settle...
- Oldest Utahn Beatrice Payne celebrates 107th...
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 91
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential... 52
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 36
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28