MOAB — The mother of a 16-year-old boy accused of killing her boyfriend has been charged with trying to cover up the man's death.
Corina Yardley, 44, was booked into Grand County Jail for investigation into her role in the death of Gregory Campos. Yardley was charged Friday in 7th District Court with two counts of obstruction of justice, both second-degree felonies.
Police say Yardley's son, Brody Blu Kruckenberg, invited his friend Anthony "Tony" Nelson, also 16, over to Yardley's house and convinced him to shoot Campos, who was asleep in Yardley's bed. Campos was shot multiple times and died on March 25, investigators said.
The two boys will be tried as adults and are each charged with murder, a first-degree felony.
Investigators say the boys used Yardley's truck to transport Campos' body and dispose of it in the Colorado River. They also determined Yardley's bed was replaced five days after the shooting.
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20