MOAB — The mother of a 16-year-old boy accused of killing her boyfriend has been charged with trying to cover up the man's death.
Corina Yardley, 44, was booked into Grand County Jail for investigation into her role in the death of Gregory Campos. Yardley was charged Friday in 7th District Court with two counts of obstruction of justice, both second-degree felonies.
Police say Yardley's son, Brody Blu Kruckenberg, invited his friend Anthony "Tony" Nelson, also 16, over to Yardley's house and convinced him to shoot Campos, who was asleep in Yardley's bed. Campos was shot multiple times and died on March 25, investigators said.
The two boys will be tried as adults and are each charged with murder, a first-degree felony.
Investigators say the boys used Yardley's truck to transport Campos' body and dispose of it in the Colorado River. They also determined Yardley's bed was replaced five days after the shooting.
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 74
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24