OGDEN — With 15 practices under its belt over the course of one month, including three scrimmages, Weber State is ready to showcase the progress made in the Purple and White Spring Game Saturday.
The Wildcats are scheduled to run approximately 45 plays at Stewart Stadium beginning at 6 p.m. The format differs from the usual spring game: the white team will strictly play offense and the purple team will play defense rather than both teams working both sides of the ball.
This is the first full season under head coach Jody Sears after being promoted from intern status last year. The offense is under the direction of new offensive coordinator Robin Pflugrad.
WSU, which is coming off a 2-9 season in 2012, kicks off 2013 on Aug. 31 against Stephen F. Austin before embarking on a three-game road swing against Utah, Utah State and McNeese State.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: TPhibbsDNews
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22