OGDEN — With 15 practices under its belt over the course of one month, including three scrimmages, Weber State is ready to showcase the progress made in the Purple and White Spring Game Saturday.
The Wildcats are scheduled to run approximately 45 plays at Stewart Stadium beginning at 6 p.m. The format differs from the usual spring game: the white team will strictly play offense and the purple team will play defense rather than both teams working both sides of the ball.
This is the first full season under head coach Jody Sears after being promoted from intern status last year. The offense is under the direction of new offensive coordinator Robin Pflugrad.
WSU, which is coming off a 2-9 season in 2012, kicks off 2013 on Aug. 31 against Stephen F. Austin before embarking on a three-game road swing against Utah, Utah State and McNeese State.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: TPhibbsDNews
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 29
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20