OGDEN — With 15 practices under its belt over the course of one month, including three scrimmages, Weber State is ready to showcase the progress made in the Purple and White Spring Game Saturday.
The Wildcats are scheduled to run approximately 45 plays at Stewart Stadium beginning at 6 p.m. The format differs from the usual spring game: the white team will strictly play offense and the purple team will play defense rather than both teams working both sides of the ball.
This is the first full season under head coach Jody Sears after being promoted from intern status last year. The offense is under the direction of new offensive coordinator Robin Pflugrad.
WSU, which is coming off a 2-9 season in 2012, kicks off 2013 on Aug. 31 against Stephen F. Austin before embarking on a three-game road swing against Utah, Utah State and McNeese State.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: TPhibbsDNews
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20