OGDEN — With 15 practices under its belt over the course of one month, including three scrimmages, Weber State is ready to showcase the progress made in the Purple and White Spring Game Saturday.
The Wildcats are scheduled to run approximately 45 plays at Stewart Stadium beginning at 6 p.m. The format differs from the usual spring game: the white team will strictly play offense and the purple team will play defense rather than both teams working both sides of the ball.
This is the first full season under head coach Jody Sears after being promoted from intern status last year. The offense is under the direction of new offensive coordinator Robin Pflugrad.
WSU, which is coming off a 2-9 season in 2012, kicks off 2013 on Aug. 31 against Stephen F. Austin before embarking on a three-game road swing against Utah, Utah State and McNeese State.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: TPhibbsDNews
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Curtain raiser: Quin Snyder Era begins in...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 41
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 35