OGDEN — With 15 practices under its belt over the course of one month, including three scrimmages, Weber State is ready to showcase the progress made in the Purple and White Spring Game Saturday.
The Wildcats are scheduled to run approximately 45 plays at Stewart Stadium beginning at 6 p.m. The format differs from the usual spring game: the white team will strictly play offense and the purple team will play defense rather than both teams working both sides of the ball.
This is the first full season under head coach Jody Sears after being promoted from intern status last year. The offense is under the direction of new offensive coordinator Robin Pflugrad.
WSU, which is coming off a 2-9 season in 2012, kicks off 2013 on Aug. 31 against Stephen F. Austin before embarking on a three-game road swing against Utah, Utah State and McNeese State.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: TPhibbsDNews
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27