CEDAR CITY — Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, a leading relationship and values expert and one of the nation's most prominent religious leaders and entertainment icons has been selected as the 2013 commencement speaker for Southern Utah University, officials announced Friday.
Boteach has been labeled “a cultural phenomenon” by Newsweek magazine and “the most famous rabbi in America” by The Washington Post. He is the author of 29 best-selling books, is a prolific contributor to radio, television and print media and was also the subject of a full-length BBC documentary titled "Moses of Oxford."
"Rabbi Shmuley has distinguished himself through his books, television appearances, weekly articles, and speeches as one of America's leading social and political commentators," SUU President Michael Benson said. "His recent run for Congress — and his bid to become America's first rabbi in the U.S. House of Representatives — is evidence of his commitment to addressing important issues facing our society today.”
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18