Utah author receives Mom's Choice Awards for picture book, novel
A pair of books by Utah author Clark Burbidge recently received Mom’s Choice Awards.
His picture book “A Piece of Silver — A Story of Christ” received a gold medal recognition in the Children’s Picture Books religion and spirituality category. His middle-grade novel “Giants in the Land” received a gold medal recognition in the fantasy, myths and legends section of the Juvenile Level 2 (for ages 9-12) category. Both are published by WinePress Publishing.
The Mom’s Choice Awards are decided by a panel of women who include parents, those in the media and education, librarians, performing artists, producers, medical and business professionals, authors and scientists, according to the group’s website. They look for books and products that are morally sound and promote good will and are inspirational and uplifting.
There are two tiers of awards — gold and silver — and each book or product is judged based on its own merit, according to information from Mom's Choice Awards. More than 1,500 entries are submitted and about a third of those are honored.
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- West Jordan boy loses battle with leukemia,...
- David Archuleta and Lexi Walker sing 'A Whole...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Halloween costumes for...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 26
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 13
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- When parents are desensitized, what... 6
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 6
- Is it safe to give out candy on Halloween? 4