Utah author receives Mom's Choice Awards for picture book, novel
A pair of books by Utah author Clark Burbidge recently received Mom’s Choice Awards.
His picture book “A Piece of Silver — A Story of Christ” received a gold medal recognition in the Children’s Picture Books religion and spirituality category. His middle-grade novel “Giants in the Land” received a gold medal recognition in the fantasy, myths and legends section of the Juvenile Level 2 (for ages 9-12) category. Both are published by WinePress Publishing.
The Mom’s Choice Awards are decided by a panel of women who include parents, those in the media and education, librarians, performing artists, producers, medical and business professionals, authors and scientists, according to the group’s website. They look for books and products that are morally sound and promote good will and are inspirational and uplifting.
There are two tiers of awards — gold and silver — and each book or product is judged based on its own merit, according to information from Mom's Choice Awards. More than 1,500 entries are submitted and about a third of those are honored.
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- 11-year-old girl honors sick grandfather by...
- The Clean Cut: Children identify mom without...
- 10 things parents wish they knew before...
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too dangerous...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 42
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 17
- Does being married bring you closer to... 7
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 3
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- This couple lost their wedding location... 2