A pair of books by Utah author Clark Burbidge recently received Mom’s Choice Awards.
His picture book “A Piece of Silver — A Story of Christ” received a gold medal recognition in the Children’s Picture Books religion and spirituality category. His middle-grade novel “Giants in the Land” received a gold medal recognition in the fantasy, myths and legends section of the Juvenile Level 2 (for ages 9-12) category. Both are published by WinePress Publishing.
The Mom’s Choice Awards are decided by a panel of women who include parents, those in the media and education, librarians, performing artists, producers, medical and business professionals, authors and scientists, according to the group’s website. They look for books and products that are morally sound and promote good will and are inspirational and uplifting.
There are two tiers of awards — gold and silver — and each book or product is judged based on its own merit, according to information from Mom's Choice Awards. More than 1,500 entries are submitted and about a third of those are honored.
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Students test interactive experiences ahead...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Can you name the celebrity voices behind...
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood?
- Urban farm teaches youth to work, give back...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 14
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood? 8
- How early is too early for education? 6
- Why daydreaming may be the next... 5
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises... 5