Utah author receives Mom's Choice Awards for picture book, novel
A pair of books by Utah author Clark Burbidge recently received Mom’s Choice Awards.
His picture book “A Piece of Silver — A Story of Christ” received a gold medal recognition in the Children’s Picture Books religion and spirituality category. His middle-grade novel “Giants in the Land” received a gold medal recognition in the fantasy, myths and legends section of the Juvenile Level 2 (for ages 9-12) category. Both are published by WinePress Publishing.
The Mom’s Choice Awards are decided by a panel of women who include parents, those in the media and education, librarians, performing artists, producers, medical and business professionals, authors and scientists, according to the group’s website. They look for books and products that are morally sound and promote good will and are inspirational and uplifting.
There are two tiers of awards — gold and silver — and each book or product is judged based on its own merit, according to information from Mom's Choice Awards. More than 1,500 entries are submitted and about a third of those are honored.
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the...
- Families have become the scapegoat of holiday...
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- Piano Guys, David Archuleta, 'Nutcracker':...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? A majority of...
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 45
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be... 13
- Families have become the scapegoat of... 9
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex 7
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 6
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere 5
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? A majority... 5
- A community of theater: Utah theater... 2