Utah author receives Mom's Choice Awards for picture book, novel
A pair of books by Utah author Clark Burbidge recently received Mom’s Choice Awards.
His picture book “A Piece of Silver — A Story of Christ” received a gold medal recognition in the Children’s Picture Books religion and spirituality category. His middle-grade novel “Giants in the Land” received a gold medal recognition in the fantasy, myths and legends section of the Juvenile Level 2 (for ages 9-12) category. Both are published by WinePress Publishing.
The Mom’s Choice Awards are decided by a panel of women who include parents, those in the media and education, librarians, performing artists, producers, medical and business professionals, authors and scientists, according to the group’s website. They look for books and products that are morally sound and promote good will and are inspirational and uplifting.
There are two tiers of awards — gold and silver — and each book or product is judged based on its own merit, according to information from Mom's Choice Awards. More than 1,500 entries are submitted and about a third of those are honored.
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Would you rather get married earlier, or stay...
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews nearly...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy with...
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing your...
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Where to see dinosaurs in Utah
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Basic assumptions... 34
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 11
- Pediatricians' Rx for schools: Later... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews... 4