BYU, Arizona schedule 3-game series, including 1 in Glendale
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU and Arizona announced a three-game football season Friday morning.
The Cougars and Wildcats will open the series in 2016 at a neutral site at the Arizona Cardinals' stadium in Glendale, Ariz.
In 2018, the two teams will meet in Tucson, and the finale will be played in Provo in 2020.
“This is a great regional series and a unique opportunity for our large fan base in Arizona to see us play,” said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. “Arizona has a great football tradition and University of Phoenix Stadium is an incredible NFL venue. I believe the venue and location will attract a lot of our fans in support of the Cougars.”
University of Phoenix Stadium, with its retractable roof and field, is a 63,400-seat venue. It opened in August 2006 and is the site of the annual Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20