BYU, Arizona schedule 3-game series, including 1 in Glendale
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU and Arizona announced a three-game football season Friday morning.
The Cougars and Wildcats will open the series in 2016 at a neutral site at the Arizona Cardinals' stadium in Glendale, Ariz.
In 2018, the two teams will meet in Tucson, and the finale will be played in Provo in 2020.
“This is a great regional series and a unique opportunity for our large fan base in Arizona to see us play,” said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. “Arizona has a great football tradition and University of Phoenix Stadium is an incredible NFL venue. I believe the venue and location will attract a lot of our fans in support of the Cougars.”
University of Phoenix Stadium, with its retractable roof and field, is a 63,400-seat venue. It opened in August 2006 and is the site of the annual Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 42