BYU, Arizona schedule 3-game series, including 1 in Glendale
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU and Arizona announced a three-game football season Friday morning.
The Cougars and Wildcats will open the series in 2016 at a neutral site at the Arizona Cardinals' stadium in Glendale, Ariz.
In 2018, the two teams will meet in Tucson, and the finale will be played in Provo in 2020.
“This is a great regional series and a unique opportunity for our large fan base in Arizona to see us play,” said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. “Arizona has a great football tradition and University of Phoenix Stadium is an incredible NFL venue. I believe the venue and location will attract a lot of our fans in support of the Cougars.”
University of Phoenix Stadium, with its retractable roof and field, is a 63,400-seat venue. It opened in August 2006 and is the site of the annual Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34