BYU, Arizona schedule 3-game series, including 1 in Glendale
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU and Arizona announced a three-game football season Friday morning.
The Cougars and Wildcats will open the series in 2016 at a neutral site at the Arizona Cardinals' stadium in Glendale, Ariz.
In 2018, the two teams will meet in Tucson, and the finale will be played in Provo in 2020.
“This is a great regional series and a unique opportunity for our large fan base in Arizona to see us play,” said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. “Arizona has a great football tradition and University of Phoenix Stadium is an incredible NFL venue. I believe the venue and location will attract a lot of our fans in support of the Cougars.”
University of Phoenix Stadium, with its retractable roof and field, is a 63,400-seat venue. It opened in August 2006 and is the site of the annual Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18