INDIANOLA, Sanpete County — Police have identified a construction worker who was killed Thursday when he was run over by the truck he was driving.
Ruben Maldonaldo, 40, of Ephraim, died following the accident that occurred around 9:15 a.m. Thursday when he and a colleague were hauling a piece of equipment to a construction site, according to the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office. Maldonaldo, who was driving, attempted to take the truck up a hill, but the vehicle didn't make it and started to roll backward.
"The driver jumped out of the truck, and it appears he was run over by the truck," the sheriff's office said in a statement.
Maldonaldo was pronounced dead at the scene. The passenger stayed in the truck until it came to a stop and was not injured.
Sheriff's officials said the incident remains under investigation.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17