INDIANOLA, Sanpete County — Police have identified a construction worker who was killed Thursday when he was run over by the truck he was driving.
Ruben Maldonaldo, 40, of Ephraim, died following the accident that occurred around 9:15 a.m. Thursday when he and a colleague were hauling a piece of equipment to a construction site, according to the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office. Maldonaldo, who was driving, attempted to take the truck up a hill, but the vehicle didn't make it and started to roll backward.
"The driver jumped out of the truck, and it appears he was run over by the truck," the sheriff's office said in a statement.
Maldonaldo was pronounced dead at the scene. The passenger stayed in the truck until it came to a stop and was not injured.
Sheriff's officials said the incident remains under investigation.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 33
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 13