INDIANOLA, Sanpete County — Police have identified a construction worker who was killed Thursday when he was run over by the truck he was driving.
Ruben Maldonaldo, 40, of Ephraim, died following the accident that occurred around 9:15 a.m. Thursday when he and a colleague were hauling a piece of equipment to a construction site, according to the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office. Maldonaldo, who was driving, attempted to take the truck up a hill, but the vehicle didn't make it and started to roll backward.
"The driver jumped out of the truck, and it appears he was run over by the truck," the sheriff's office said in a statement.
Maldonaldo was pronounced dead at the scene. The passenger stayed in the truck until it came to a stop and was not injured.
Sheriff's officials said the incident remains under investigation.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 160
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17