INDIANOLA, Sanpete County — Police have identified a construction worker who was killed Thursday when he was run over by the truck he was driving.
Ruben Maldonaldo, 40, of Ephraim, died following the accident that occurred around 9:15 a.m. Thursday when he and a colleague were hauling a piece of equipment to a construction site, according to the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office. Maldonaldo, who was driving, attempted to take the truck up a hill, but the vehicle didn't make it and started to roll backward.
"The driver jumped out of the truck, and it appears he was run over by the truck," the sheriff's office said in a statement.
Maldonaldo was pronounced dead at the scene. The passenger stayed in the truck until it came to a stop and was not injured.
Sheriff's officials said the incident remains under investigation.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- 'Regimented' UTA employee remembered as...
- LDS Church condemns sexual assault as BYU...
- Searchers find missing UTA vehicle in Wyoming...
- West Valley motorcyclist killed in crash
- UDOT to release preliminary results of S.R....
- LDS Church condemns sexual assault as... 60
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 21
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Gov. Herbert: Bears Ears resolution... 11
- Utah defends busting theater for... 11