Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A "Hiring Our Heroes" job fair will be held Wednesday, April 17, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
The fair is intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain employment or upgrade their current job situations.
At 10 a.m. on the day of the event, a resume-writing and interviewing workshop will be provided for job seekers. Veteran-benefits providers will also be on hand to offer assistance and answer questions.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce sponsors the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition; Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis, and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. Departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
For more information, contact Chuck Rackham at 801-432-4492 or Mark Harrison at 801-432-4658.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- What you need to know about massive air bag...
- Utah improves score in national rankings on...
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- Out-of-patience investors sell off Amazon
- Ridesharing company Uber launches in Nevada
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination law...
- US halal food supplier indicted over beef...
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 9
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- Survey: Harassment a common part of... 2
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on... 2
- EPA: Gas mileage inflated on 4 Mini... 1