Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A "Hiring Our Heroes" job fair will be held Wednesday, April 17, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
The fair is intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain employment or upgrade their current job situations.
At 10 a.m. on the day of the event, a resume-writing and interviewing workshop will be provided for job seekers. Veteran-benefits providers will also be on hand to offer assistance and answer questions.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce sponsors the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition; Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis, and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. Departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
For more information, contact Chuck Rackham at 801-432-4492 or Mark Harrison at 801-432-4658.
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business jobs
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census reveals...
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4 percent
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- Dave Ramsey says: Gaining control of your...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 43
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 14
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 11
- Smith's hopes to pass savings from... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 6
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3