Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A "Hiring Our Heroes" job fair will be held Wednesday, April 17, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
The fair is intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain employment or upgrade their current job situations.
At 10 a.m. on the day of the event, a resume-writing and interviewing workshop will be provided for job seekers. Veteran-benefits providers will also be on hand to offer assistance and answer questions.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce sponsors the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition; Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis, and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. Departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
For more information, contact Chuck Rackham at 801-432-4492 or Mark Harrison at 801-432-4658.
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Paul Mero steps down as head of Sutherland...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Utah board approves winery in polygamous town...
- Park City Mountain Resort and Talisker extend...
- DABC struggles with law allowing liquor...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 15
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 10
- Amish country bristles at... 9
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 7
- California push to avert higher gas... 3
- Park City Mountain Resort and Talisker... 3