Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A "Hiring Our Heroes" job fair will be held Wednesday, April 17, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
The fair is intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain employment or upgrade their current job situations.
At 10 a.m. on the day of the event, a resume-writing and interviewing workshop will be provided for job seekers. Veteran-benefits providers will also be on hand to offer assistance and answer questions.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce sponsors the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition; Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis, and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. Departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
For more information, contact Chuck Rackham at 801-432-4492 or Mark Harrison at 801-432-4658.
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle to...
- Stocks move higher, led by technology and banks
- US home sales growth driven mostly by Midwest
- Diego Rivera painting sells privately for...
- G-7 finance leaders seek to reassure on...
- GE announces deals worth over $1.4 billion...
- New Mexico is first to sue EPA, mine owners...
- Office of Economic Development names...
- Religious freedom is good for business,... 29
- If Hillary becomes president, will she... 17
- Can Donald Trump fix the U.S. economy... 14
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle... 11
- Utah aglow with new solar developments,... 6
- New Mexico is first to sue EPA, mine... 4
- GE announces deals worth over $1.4... 1
- How to manage the home stretch to... 1