Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A "Hiring Our Heroes" job fair will be held Wednesday, April 17, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
The fair is intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain employment or upgrade their current job situations.
At 10 a.m. on the day of the event, a resume-writing and interviewing workshop will be provided for job seekers. Veteran-benefits providers will also be on hand to offer assistance and answer questions.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce sponsors the event, which is conducted by the Utah Veterans and Military Employment Coalition; Utah Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Utah Department of Veterans Affairs; Utah Department of Workforce Services; Salt Lake, Davis, and Ogden-Weber chambers of commerce; and the U.S. Departments of Labor and Veterans Affairs.
For more information, contact Chuck Rackham at 801-432-4492 or Mark Harrison at 801-432-4658.
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8