4-year-old girl found drunk, unresponsive in Weber County
MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A 4-year old girl was hospitalized after she was found drunk and unresponsive at an apartment complex.
An ambulance was dispatched to Townhouse Estates, 1045 S. 1200 West, just before noon Thursday on reports the girl was unresponsive, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
When medics failed to rouse the child, she was transported to McKay-Dee Hospital Center, where it was determined she had enough alcohol in her system to cause her body stress, Lowther said. She was then taken to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she remained Thursday night.
Lowther did not know who made the initial emergency call or who was in the home at the time. Detectives are working to determine when and how the child consumed the alcohol, he said.
"All we know is there was alcohol in this child's system, and we don't know why," Lowther said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10