4-year-old girl found drunk, unresponsive in Weber County
MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A 4-year old girl was hospitalized after she was found drunk and unresponsive at an apartment complex.
An ambulance was dispatched to Townhouse Estates, 1045 S. 1200 West, just before noon Thursday on reports the girl was unresponsive, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
When medics failed to rouse the child, she was transported to McKay-Dee Hospital Center, where it was determined she had enough alcohol in her system to cause her body stress, Lowther said. She was then taken to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she remained Thursday night.
Lowther did not know who made the initial emergency call or who was in the home at the time. Detectives are working to determine when and how the child consumed the alcohol, he said.
"All we know is there was alcohol in this child's system, and we don't know why," Lowther said.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12