4-year-old girl found drunk, unresponsive in Weber County
MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A 4-year old girl was hospitalized after she was found drunk and unresponsive at an apartment complex.
An ambulance was dispatched to Townhouse Estates, 1045 S. 1200 West, just before noon Thursday on reports the girl was unresponsive, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
When medics failed to rouse the child, she was transported to McKay-Dee Hospital Center, where it was determined she had enough alcohol in her system to cause her body stress, Lowther said. She was then taken to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she remained Thursday night.
Lowther did not know who made the initial emergency call or who was in the home at the time. Detectives are working to determine when and how the child consumed the alcohol, he said.
"All we know is there was alcohol in this child's system, and we don't know why," Lowther said.
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12