4-year-old girl found drunk, unresponsive in Weber County
MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A 4-year old girl was hospitalized after she was found drunk and unresponsive at an apartment complex.
An ambulance was dispatched to Townhouse Estates, 1045 S. 1200 West, just before noon Thursday on reports the girl was unresponsive, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
When medics failed to rouse the child, she was transported to McKay-Dee Hospital Center, where it was determined she had enough alcohol in her system to cause her body stress, Lowther said. She was then taken to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she remained Thursday night.
Lowther did not know who made the initial emergency call or who was in the home at the time. Detectives are working to determine when and how the child consumed the alcohol, he said.
"All we know is there was alcohol in this child's system, and we don't know why," Lowther said.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Washington Terrace woman found dead, 2 in...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 268
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 22
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16