4-year-old girl found drunk, unresponsive in Weber County
MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A 4-year old girl was hospitalized after she was found drunk and unresponsive at an apartment complex.
An ambulance was dispatched to Townhouse Estates, 1045 S. 1200 West, just before noon Thursday on reports the girl was unresponsive, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said.
When medics failed to rouse the child, she was transported to McKay-Dee Hospital Center, where it was determined she had enough alcohol in her system to cause her body stress, Lowther said. She was then taken to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she remained Thursday night.
Lowther did not know who made the initial emergency call or who was in the home at the time. Detectives are working to determine when and how the child consumed the alcohol, he said.
"All we know is there was alcohol in this child's system, and we don't know why," Lowther said.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13