Breaking down the BYU post-spring camp starting lineup, position by position
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU turned some heads when the football team released its depth chart immediately after spring camp ended. Many of the positions are all but spoken for, but others are not quite as locked up as the depth chart makes it appear.
The release of a depth chart is something of an unofficial statement on the state of any program, yet these charts can be deceptive. Along with the several junior college transfers who have yet to arrive in Provo, position battles will continue into the fall, some more intense than others.
Taysom Hill, the tall, dual-threat quarterback, has been named the leader of the Cougar attack along with Cody Hoffman, Jamaal Williams, Michael Alisa, Iona Pritchard and Skyler Ridley. Meanwhile, hoopster Bronson Kaufusi leads the defensive attack along with linebackers Kyle Van Noy and Spencer Hadley as well as Jordan Johnson, Craig Bills and Mike Hague in the defensive backfield.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25