Breaking down the BYU post-spring camp starting lineup, position by position
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU turned some heads when the football team released its depth chart immediately after spring camp ended. Many of the positions are all but spoken for, but others are not quite as locked up as the depth chart makes it appear.
The release of a depth chart is something of an unofficial statement on the state of any program, yet these charts can be deceptive. Along with the several junior college transfers who have yet to arrive in Provo, position battles will continue into the fall, some more intense than others.
Taysom Hill, the tall, dual-threat quarterback, has been named the leader of the Cougar attack along with Cody Hoffman, Jamaal Williams, Michael Alisa, Iona Pritchard and Skyler Ridley. Meanwhile, hoopster Bronson Kaufusi leads the defensive attack along with linebackers Kyle Van Noy and Spencer Hadley as well as Jordan Johnson, Craig Bills and Mike Hague in the defensive backfield.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 34
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 32
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28