Breaking down the BYU post-spring camp starting lineup, position by position
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU turned some heads when the football team released its depth chart immediately after spring camp ended. Many of the positions are all but spoken for, but others are not quite as locked up as the depth chart makes it appear.
The release of a depth chart is something of an unofficial statement on the state of any program, yet these charts can be deceptive. Along with the several junior college transfers who have yet to arrive in Provo, position battles will continue into the fall, some more intense than others.
Taysom Hill, the tall, dual-threat quarterback, has been named the leader of the Cougar attack along with Cody Hoffman, Jamaal Williams, Michael Alisa, Iona Pritchard and Skyler Ridley. Meanwhile, hoopster Bronson Kaufusi leads the defensive attack along with linebackers Kyle Van Noy and Spencer Hadley as well as Jordan Johnson, Craig Bills and Mike Hague in the defensive backfield.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6