Breaking down the BYU post-spring camp starting lineup, position by position
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU turned some heads when the football team released its depth chart immediately after spring camp ended. Many of the positions are all but spoken for, but others are not quite as locked up as the depth chart makes it appear.
The release of a depth chart is something of an unofficial statement on the state of any program, yet these charts can be deceptive. Along with the several junior college transfers who have yet to arrive in Provo, position battles will continue into the fall, some more intense than others.
Taysom Hill, the tall, dual-threat quarterback, has been named the leader of the Cougar attack along with Cody Hoffman, Jamaal Williams, Michael Alisa, Iona Pritchard and Skyler Ridley. Meanwhile, hoopster Bronson Kaufusi leads the defensive attack along with linebackers Kyle Van Noy and Spencer Hadley as well as Jordan Johnson, Craig Bills and Mike Hague in the defensive backfield.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16