OREM, Utah - The Utah Valley University Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will host the "Green 4 Good 5K" fundraiser Saturday, April 13, at the Lakeside Sports Park in Vineyard/Orem, Utah (400 S. 1850 W.) at 8 a.m.
The event was organized for Kalina Zufelt-Clegg, a former cross-country and track and field athlete at UVU, who is currently battling Stage IV ovarian cancer. All proceeds raised from the 5K will help cover financial costs of surgeries and other medical procedures.
The race will be $15 for early registration and $20 the day of the race. Patrons will also receive a T-shirt for support. To register, visit Runnercard.com.
For more information, visit the Facebook page ""Green 4 Good 5K for Kalina". If you have any questions or would like to donate, contact UVU track and field athlete Kelli Roach Barnes by calling (801) 735-2365 or by email at email@example.com.
Kellen Hiser is sports information assistant at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35