OREM, Utah - The Utah Valley University Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will host the "Green 4 Good 5K" fundraiser Saturday, April 13, at the Lakeside Sports Park in Vineyard/Orem, Utah (400 S. 1850 W.) at 8 a.m.
The event was organized for Kalina Zufelt-Clegg, a former cross-country and track and field athlete at UVU, who is currently battling Stage IV ovarian cancer. All proceeds raised from the 5K will help cover financial costs of surgeries and other medical procedures.
The race will be $15 for early registration and $20 the day of the race. Patrons will also receive a T-shirt for support. To register, visit Runnercard.com.
For more information, visit the Facebook page ""Green 4 Good 5K for Kalina". If you have any questions or would like to donate, contact UVU track and field athlete Kelli Roach Barnes by calling (801) 735-2365 or by email at email@example.com.
Kellen Hiser is sports information assistant at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45