Construction worker dies after being run over by own truck
INDIANOLA, Sanpete County — A construction worker was killed Thursday when he was run over by the truck he was driving Thursday.
About 9:15 a.m., two men were hauling a piece of equipment to a construction site. The driver attempted to take the truck up a hill, but the vehicle didn't make it and started to roll backward, the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office.
"The driver jumped out of the truck, and it appears he was run over by the truck," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity had not been released as of Thursday afternoon. The passenger stayed in the truck until it came to a stop. He was not injured.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27