INDIANOLA, Sanpete County — A construction worker was killed Thursday when he was run over by the truck he was driving Thursday.
About 9:15 a.m., two men were hauling a piece of equipment to a construction site. The driver attempted to take the truck up a hill, but the vehicle didn't make it and started to roll backward, the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office.
"The driver jumped out of the truck, and it appears he was run over by the truck," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity had not been released as of Thursday afternoon. The passenger stayed in the truck until it came to a stop. He was not injured.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Bodies of couple killed in rock slide recovered
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9