Construction worker dies after being run over by own truck
INDIANOLA, Sanpete County — A construction worker was killed Thursday when he was run over by the truck he was driving Thursday.
About 9:15 a.m., two men were hauling a piece of equipment to a construction site. The driver attempted to take the truck up a hill, but the vehicle didn't make it and started to roll backward, the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office.
"The driver jumped out of the truck, and it appears he was run over by the truck," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity had not been released as of Thursday afternoon. The passenger stayed in the truck until it came to a stop. He was not injured.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12