Construction worker dies after being run over by own truck
INDIANOLA, Sanpete County — A construction worker was killed Thursday when he was run over by the truck he was driving Thursday.
About 9:15 a.m., two men were hauling a piece of equipment to a construction site. The driver attempted to take the truck up a hill, but the vehicle didn't make it and started to roll backward, the Sanpete County Sheriff's Office.
"The driver jumped out of the truck, and it appears he was run over by the truck," the sheriff's office said in a prepared statement.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity had not been released as of Thursday afternoon. The passenger stayed in the truck until it came to a stop. He was not injured.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 33
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13