'Heroes' star Hayden Panettiere: 'I was born to be a mother'
Young Hollywood stars straying from innocence is nothing new, but "Heroes" and more recently "Nashville" star Hayden Panettiere talked recently about how family helped her stay grounded.
According to interview conducted by Glamour magazine, the 23-year-old Panettiere's success all comes down to family, as she thanks her parents for their guidance during her teenage years.
"I came up in the Messy Generation. The generation of the disaster child," Panettiere told the magazine. "I was 16 years old. I was experimenting just like any kid. But I had friends and family around me to yank me back when I was heading in the wrong direction.
"The thing that really saved me was that I still had that healthy fear of my parents — I still had a midnight curfew at 18!"
The relationships Panettiere formed with her own family also may have influenced her decision to one day be dedicated to a family of her own.
"I don't really have a plan," Panettiere said. "I've lived a very big life, and I don't feel my age, and I feel like I was born to be a mother.”
Panettiere made it clear that her future children will be her highest priority, even though several women have debated whether mothers can truly have it all.
"Motherhood is the most beautiful, exciting thing, and there's nothing that I feel like I can't accomplish while having children in my life," Panettiere said. "I would sacrifice having more years of being wherever I want whenever I want for years with my kids."
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- The Clean Cut: Mothers brought to tears in...
- The Clean Cut: Beluga whale teases children...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- How to miss a childhood: The dangers of... 31
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- Provo company creates program that... 16
- How your premarital experiences can... 12
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice... 12
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9