'Heroes' star Hayden Panettiere: 'I was born to be a mother'
Young Hollywood stars straying from innocence is nothing new, but "Heroes" and more recently "Nashville" star Hayden Panettiere talked recently about how family helped her stay grounded.
According to interview conducted by Glamour magazine, the 23-year-old Panettiere's success all comes down to family, as she thanks her parents for their guidance during her teenage years.
"I came up in the Messy Generation. The generation of the disaster child," Panettiere told the magazine. "I was 16 years old. I was experimenting just like any kid. But I had friends and family around me to yank me back when I was heading in the wrong direction.
"The thing that really saved me was that I still had that healthy fear of my parents — I still had a midnight curfew at 18!"
The relationships Panettiere formed with her own family also may have influenced her decision to one day be dedicated to a family of her own.
"I don't really have a plan," Panettiere said. "I've lived a very big life, and I don't feel my age, and I feel like I was born to be a mother.”
Panettiere made it clear that her future children will be her highest priority, even though several women have debated whether mothers can truly have it all.
"Motherhood is the most beautiful, exciting thing, and there's nothing that I feel like I can't accomplish while having children in my life," Panettiere said. "I would sacrifice having more years of being wherever I want whenever I want for years with my kids."
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and does other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker performs tribute to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Your presence is... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three... 2