Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall released his team's post-spring practice depth chart Wednesday.
It came as no surprise that sophomore Taysom Hill is listed as the starter at quarterback, with sophomore Ammon Olsen as the backup.
"We have named Taysom the starter because of his game experience in 2012, strong leadership qualities and his breakaway speed and athleticism," Mendenhall said in a statement. "Ammon also had a phenomenal spring. I am confident in his ability. We have two very capable quarterbacks."
The Cougars wrapped up spring ball last Friday with a 70-play scrimmage at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
The spring depth chart does not include the handful of newcomers that will arrive on campus this summer.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19