Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall released his team's post-spring practice depth chart Wednesday.
It came as no surprise that sophomore Taysom Hill is listed as the starter at quarterback, with sophomore Ammon Olsen as the backup.
"We have named Taysom the starter because of his game experience in 2012, strong leadership qualities and his breakaway speed and athleticism," Mendenhall said in a statement. "Ammon also had a phenomenal spring. I am confident in his ability. We have two very capable quarterbacks."
The Cougars wrapped up spring ball last Friday with a 70-play scrimmage at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
The spring depth chart does not include the handful of newcomers that will arrive on campus this summer.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24