Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall released his team's post-spring practice depth chart Wednesday.
It came as no surprise that sophomore Taysom Hill is listed as the starter at quarterback, with sophomore Ammon Olsen as the backup.
"We have named Taysom the starter because of his game experience in 2012, strong leadership qualities and his breakaway speed and athleticism," Mendenhall said in a statement. "Ammon also had a phenomenal spring. I am confident in his ability. We have two very capable quarterbacks."
The Cougars wrapped up spring ball last Friday with a 70-play scrimmage at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
The spring depth chart does not include the handful of newcomers that will arrive on campus this summer.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25