Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall released his team's post-spring practice depth chart Wednesday.
It came as no surprise that sophomore Taysom Hill is listed as the starter at quarterback, with sophomore Ammon Olsen as the backup.
"We have named Taysom the starter because of his game experience in 2012, strong leadership qualities and his breakaway speed and athleticism," Mendenhall said in a statement. "Ammon also had a phenomenal spring. I am confident in his ability. We have two very capable quarterbacks."
The Cougars wrapped up spring ball last Friday with a 70-play scrimmage at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
The spring depth chart does not include the handful of newcomers that will arrive on campus this summer.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU matchup...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Photos: BYU welcomed by fans at Provo Airport
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 107
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 34
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 31
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 30
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 30