Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall released his team's post-spring practice depth chart Wednesday.
It came as no surprise that sophomore Taysom Hill is listed as the starter at quarterback, with sophomore Ammon Olsen as the backup.
"We have named Taysom the starter because of his game experience in 2012, strong leadership qualities and his breakaway speed and athleticism," Mendenhall said in a statement. "Ammon also had a phenomenal spring. I am confident in his ability. We have two very capable quarterbacks."
The Cougars wrapped up spring ball last Friday with a 70-play scrimmage at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
The spring depth chart does not include the handful of newcomers that will arrive on campus this summer.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21