BYU tennis: women's tennis hosts Gonzaga in second match this week
PROVO, Utah – With one win already under its belt this week, the BYU women’s tennis team hosts conference foe Gonzaga on Saturday at noon at the outdoor tennis courts.
The Cougars (8-9, 1-4 West Coast Conference) upset No. 70 Washington State on Monday to earn their first win over a ranked opponent.
On Monday, junior Desiree Tran moved to the No. 2 singles position against the Cougars and clinched the victory for BYU. With the win, Tran improved to 4-0 at the No. 2 spot.
Nicolette Tran, the younger sister of Desiree, remains undefeated at home in singles play.
The Bulldogs (9-8, 0-5 WCC) have currently lost four consecutive matches. Their most recent win came on the road against Radford State on March 15.
BYU won the only meeting between these two teams with a 6-1 victory in Spokane in 2012.
Admission is free. Fans may park at the Y parking lots to the south of the tennis courts.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 113
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43