BYU tennis: women's tennis hosts Gonzaga in second match this week
PROVO, Utah – With one win already under its belt this week, the BYU women’s tennis team hosts conference foe Gonzaga on Saturday at noon at the outdoor tennis courts.
The Cougars (8-9, 1-4 West Coast Conference) upset No. 70 Washington State on Monday to earn their first win over a ranked opponent.
On Monday, junior Desiree Tran moved to the No. 2 singles position against the Cougars and clinched the victory for BYU. With the win, Tran improved to 4-0 at the No. 2 spot.
Nicolette Tran, the younger sister of Desiree, remains undefeated at home in singles play.
The Bulldogs (9-8, 0-5 WCC) have currently lost four consecutive matches. Their most recent win came on the road against Radford State on March 15.
BYU won the only meeting between these two teams with a 6-1 victory in Spokane in 2012.
Admission is free. Fans may park at the Y parking lots to the south of the tennis courts.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive line...
- Cougars say they have learned lessons in wake...
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be Utah's...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Whittingham dishes on stadium expansion,...
- Rock On: Jazz hire a film classic (sort of)
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 76
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 64
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 44
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 31
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 29
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 18