BYU tennis: women's tennis hosts Gonzaga in second match this week
PROVO, Utah – With one win already under its belt this week, the BYU women’s tennis team hosts conference foe Gonzaga on Saturday at noon at the outdoor tennis courts.
The Cougars (8-9, 1-4 West Coast Conference) upset No. 70 Washington State on Monday to earn their first win over a ranked opponent.
On Monday, junior Desiree Tran moved to the No. 2 singles position against the Cougars and clinched the victory for BYU. With the win, Tran improved to 4-0 at the No. 2 spot.
Nicolette Tran, the younger sister of Desiree, remains undefeated at home in singles play.
The Bulldogs (9-8, 0-5 WCC) have currently lost four consecutive matches. Their most recent win came on the road against Radford State on March 15.
BYU won the only meeting between these two teams with a 6-1 victory in Spokane in 2012.
Admission is free. Fans may park at the Y parking lots to the south of the tennis courts.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 47
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35