BYU tennis: women's tennis hosts Gonzaga in second match this week
PROVO, Utah – With one win already under its belt this week, the BYU women’s tennis team hosts conference foe Gonzaga on Saturday at noon at the outdoor tennis courts.
The Cougars (8-9, 1-4 West Coast Conference) upset No. 70 Washington State on Monday to earn their first win over a ranked opponent.
On Monday, junior Desiree Tran moved to the No. 2 singles position against the Cougars and clinched the victory for BYU. With the win, Tran improved to 4-0 at the No. 2 spot.
Nicolette Tran, the younger sister of Desiree, remains undefeated at home in singles play.
The Bulldogs (9-8, 0-5 WCC) have currently lost four consecutive matches. Their most recent win came on the road against Radford State on March 15.
BYU won the only meeting between these two teams with a 6-1 victory in Spokane in 2012.
Admission is free. Fans may park at the Y parking lots to the south of the tennis courts.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14