CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal recorded her third top 10 finish of the season after shooting a final-round 73 on Wednesday at the Wyoming Cowgirl Classic in the Wolverines' final regular-season tournament of the season.
Dougal entered the final day tied for 16th and moved up the leaderboard with the 1-over par. Starting on No. 10, Dougal was 1-under par when making the turn. She had two bogeys on the back nine.
For the tournament, Dougal finished 12-over par and that was after shooting an opening-day 83 (+11). She finished 14 shots back of tournament winner Boise State's Hayley Young, who finished at 2-under par.
Boise State won the tournament with a three-day total of 901. Utah Valley (954) tied for 11th with host Wyoming. The Wolverines were one shot back of Montana State for 10th.
The Wolverines are back in action April 24-26 at the Great West Conference Championships in San Antonio, Texas.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45