CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal recorded her third top 10 finish of the season after shooting a final-round 73 on Wednesday at the Wyoming Cowgirl Classic in the Wolverines' final regular-season tournament of the season.
Dougal entered the final day tied for 16th and moved up the leaderboard with the 1-over par. Starting on No. 10, Dougal was 1-under par when making the turn. She had two bogeys on the back nine.
For the tournament, Dougal finished 12-over par and that was after shooting an opening-day 83 (+11). She finished 14 shots back of tournament winner Boise State's Hayley Young, who finished at 2-under par.
Boise State won the tournament with a three-day total of 901. Utah Valley (954) tied for 11th with host Wyoming. The Wolverines were one shot back of Montana State for 10th.
The Wolverines are back in action April 24-26 at the Great West Conference Championships in San Antonio, Texas.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21