CHANDLER, Ariz. — Utah Valley University senior golfer Jordyn Dougal recorded her third top 10 finish of the season after shooting a final-round 73 on Wednesday at the Wyoming Cowgirl Classic in the Wolverines' final regular-season tournament of the season.
Dougal entered the final day tied for 16th and moved up the leaderboard with the 1-over par. Starting on No. 10, Dougal was 1-under par when making the turn. She had two bogeys on the back nine.
For the tournament, Dougal finished 12-over par and that was after shooting an opening-day 83 (+11). She finished 14 shots back of tournament winner Boise State's Hayley Young, who finished at 2-under par.
Boise State won the tournament with a three-day total of 901. Utah Valley (954) tied for 11th with host Wyoming. The Wolverines were one shot back of Montana State for 10th.
The Wolverines are back in action April 24-26 at the Great West Conference Championships in San Antonio, Texas.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48